Chapter Twenty-Six

Katherine's POV:

I opened my eyes to see myself in a white room, a beeping sound next to my ear. I sat up feeling as if I had slept for a thousand years. I was then embraced by a warm hug.

"I was worried sick Katherine! You're finally awake!" It was Angelina.

Memories of seeing her dead came rushing to my mind. I quickly hugged her back. I suddenly felt very emotional. "Angelina...I'm sorry... I'm sorry for allowing Lucien to harm you." My eyes couldn't hold the tears that fell freely.

"It's alright Katherine. I'm alive and that's what matters. We all are." She said giving me a smile.

I still couldn't shake the feeling of being ashamed and disappointed. I felt as if I wasn't strong enough. I had to train. I try to get up but my body felt as if it had done fifty days of training non-stop. "Katherine, you're a little weak. Your body has been adjusting to your new elemental powers."

I remember receiving Lucien's powers. I felt dirty. I felt like he was within me.

He's not. It's just you and me. Saphira explained. That was all needed to know.

"What happened?" I had that question in the back of my head. I remember when the dark skin man started to speak and then suddenly vampire soldiers started appearing and then I felt this sensation of fatigue and it was horrible.

"Well. We found out that the Queen sent those soldiers to help us."

The queen?

"What? How did she know?" Angelina struggle. "I have no idea. But she sent them. Thankfully. "

The queen... The queen... I wish I could meet her, I have to.

"And what else happened?" "Well, after you fainted. Mr. Sepherus carried you all the way back home. Literally. We went back through a portal that was made by the warlock of the police, so in a matter of minutes we were back here but not before finding the warlock that helped Lucien... he was dead. Kiona got mad because she wanted to kill him. They had something in the past. I think they went out and he cheated on her or something. But she was pissed. We didn't encounter any other werewolves. It was as if they disappear into thin air. We came back and everyone welcomed us. Mr.Sepherus brought you here and it's been two weeks since then. We've been waiting for you to wake up. " She said giving me a warm smile.

"And where is Sepherus?" "He's been here ever since he brought you, so I told him it was time to take a small break. He told me he would be back once he took a bath."

"I should do the same. Can you help me? I want to take a bath." Angelina helped me go to the bathroom, she warmed up some water on the tub and I slid through. She helped me scrub my back. " You have a new tattoo. And it's beautiful. " She put a mirror in my hand and another on my back showing me a flower type tattoo. "Wow. Could it be the final mark ?" I asked.Angelina nodded.

I now had a couple of tattoos. But that didn't hide the fact that I was skinnier than ever. My ribs were starting to show. "Why am I so skinny?" I looked at Angelina. I couldn't hide my worry. "We think it's your body adjusting. We hadn't been able to penetrate your veins with needles, therefore we haven't been able to put blood in your system. Your mouth wouldn't open either. But now that you have reminded me, I'll be right back to give you some fresh blood. Give me a sec."

Angelina quickly stood up and ran out the door. I took this time to finish bathing and changing into some cleaned clothes. I put on some skinny jeans and a white shirt with a red velvet cardigan.

I slowly walked towards the hospital room. I started smelling something delicious. Something erotic. A smell I identified anywhere. But today, in this moment, it was magnified.