Chapter Twenty-Seven

Hello, everyone! I am so sorry for the extremely late update.  I said I was going to update more in vacations but I don't know why I've been so busy and I'm in VACATIONS! But anyways, here is the new chapter, I hope you all enjoy it! 

I would like to thank all the constant support and all the people that have followed me; we reached 1K!!! I'm so excited! Thank you sooo much! 

I also want to thank all of those who have read this story and commented, voted and share. You guys are the best! 

Without anymore blah blah. Enjoy this chapter and please don't forget to vote and comment =D

XOXO

P.S the photo on the top is the dress Katherine will wear.

--------------

Katherine's POV:

It's already the afternoon of the ball and I am starting to feel butterflies in my stomach. Sepherus had left me yesterday with Angelina, he told me he had to help organize the food. Even though I was feeling happy about this ball and all the details of makeup, hair, and dress, I still missed him.

"Don't get sad Katherine, today you will see him and he will open his jaw when he sees you. You are going to be gorgeous. That dress he gave you is absolutely amazing!" Angelina said as we started to gear ourselves with makeup.

Yes, Sepherus had gone a bit overboard with the dress. It was a beautiful pink gown with little diamonds around the neck and chest.

I did a simple winged liner and put on a popping red lipstick, Angelina helped me style my hair in a bun and I finally put the dress on. The silk was soft to my hands and it was not itchy as I would have imagined.

I finished my look with a pair of high heels. Angelina was wearing a blue gown with sparkles all over her skirt, she also did a simple makeup look and put her hair in soft curls.

We were both now ready. I was feeling the anxiety creeping up. I could already hear the soft music playing and vampires chatting about different things.

Angelina and I headed downstairs and I looked around for Sepherus until I spotted him. Our eyes met at the same time and I couldn't help myself and smile. He was looking as handsome as ever. He was wearing a black tuxedo with a pink shirt, I guess he wanted us to color coordinate, how sweet. He quickly made his way from the professor's boot.

"You look gorgeous Katherina." He said as he kissed the palm of my hand. "Thank you, You look very handsome." I smiled. Angelina cleared her throat. "Hello Angelina, you look very beautiful as well." Sepherus smiled as he grabbed by hand. "I know, now, where is the food?" Angelina said looking around. Her eyes grew big as she saw a huge banquet of cookies, cakes and all types of food that were vampire friendly; a.k.a with blood. She brushed Sepherus and I and ran towards the food banquet.

Sepherus laughed. "Care to join me for a dance?" I looked at him with a face that clearly said no. "I don't know how to dance..." I said scratching the back of my neck. "Great, me either!" He took me to the middle of the dancing floor and we moved slowly to the melody of the classy music playing in the background.

Which by the way, he did know how to dance! Before I could say anything he started speaking.

"I'm very happy Katherina." Sepherus said as he put a disobedient strange of hair behind my ear. "Yes? And why are you so happy?" I smiled. "Because we are finally together. It seems like a dream." He leaned forward and gave me a small peck on the lip. "And because, Lucien, He couldn't tear us apart. I'm so glad this is over." I nodded. "Yes. This nightmare is finally over. He twirled me around and I just giggle. "you do know how to dance." He smirked. "Would you think an 115-year-old vampire cannot dance? "He gave me a side smile. "You treated me!" I playfully hit him in the shoulder. "Oh no, that was the most painful punch I have ever received!" He said as he grabbed his shoulder in a playful pain expression.

The song ended and at that moment headmaster, Elizabeth spoke with a strong and loud voice. " Everyone! Welcome! Welcome to this ball of pure celebration, today we celebrate the successful rescue of Professor Sepherus Echeverry by the hands of his mate as some of you already know, Katherine McQueen, who by now has achieved all marks and is now a true hybrid! Enjoy, drink and eat until your bellies can contain themselves !" Everyone clapped and gave a cheerful "Hurray!".

I was extremely happy, my side to side smile not being able to be controlled. Some students came to us and congratulated me for my achievements in such a short time, others for our mate bond and others for the successful rescue and for the fact that we defeated the person who had given the order for all of those attacks here in the school.

I still couldn't believe that Mary and Dan were our enemies all along and were now dead... I guess they had their motives.

Sepherus, Angelina and I ate, danced and drank all night long until about 1 AM, Angelina said she wanted to go back to sleep, but I was still as alive as ever, the drinks were not taking effect on me. I took her to our room and helped her change, she was already asleep before I took her high heels off.

"It's because you're an original hybrid now, no alcoholic substance will make an effect. Unless you infuse it with magic." Sepherus explain as we made our way to the school garden. "Now it makes sense." We sat down on the only bench in the garden.

"Sepherus, tell me about yourself," I said smiling at him. He softly grabbed my cheek and gave me a small peck on the lips. "What do you want to know?" "Anything, I mean, you have lived 115 years." I smiled at him. He just chuckled.

"Well, mmm. I've been able to travel around the world, to many places, my favorite has been Greece, I'll take you on vacations." I nodded excitedly. "I like to read, my favorite color is blue, I like to teach history." He chuckled. "That's why I'm a history teacher." He said in a duh tone. I laughed at his joke." I was born in this part of the world, in the capital, Vampire castle city. It is all the nobles live and the Queen and King." "There's a city with all the nobles and royal?" My eyes were glowing. That must be insane!

"Yes...Alright...Mmm. Let's start with the simple, I was born 115 years ago in one of the four noble families that the vampire society had. But when the human side of the world found out that purebloods were having children breaking the treaty, they gave us two options: war or to kill the families. So to not start a war, the king decided to kill all four main noble families, leaving only those he found worthy. So only one person from each noble family survived." I was surprised. He was the only survivor of his family.

"Afterward, other nobles started to rank those spaces which were needed, and so only vampires with pure blood can be nobles, purebloods are the ones that have never mated with humans. But, the four spaces of the four main noble families are still open to regeneration, somehow the King wants us to make a family, that is, without the humans finding out."

"Let me explain. Before the war, humans and vampires lived together, but there was always a constant mistreat to humans because they are biologically weaker than us. So, some vampires slept with other humans and the pure blood was weakened but there are still other vampires that only have mated with purebloods, those are the ones that are today the nobles, the other half human and half vampires were being killed. " I just gaped with my mouth open.

"So, when the humans saw what the king had done, they began to trust us vampires more. And so the peace lived on. I was raised in the vampire castle where the queen and king live, after training and becoming the best warrior, I became the bodyguard of the Queen. And then I got fired." He said giving me a sad smile.

"Why did you get fired?" I asked curiously. "Well. I can't say it, not because I don't want to, but because the Queen compelled me to not say a word. I wish I could tell you, babe. One day I will." I saw the sincerity in his eyes. "Alright. I trust you."

But I was still feeling the intrigue in the back of my head.