Chapter 13

A/N I do not own Glee. Small edits were made in early and previous chapters.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Whoa um Aria.. I'm sorry." Sebastian said as he took my hand in his. I sighed and looked out the window.

"Please. Don't treat me like the sad case I am." I say as I unbuckle my seatbelt and get out. The kids from earlier run out discussing the game they just had.

"Are you ready to be conquered and left for dead?" Sebastian says dramatically as I wince at the word dead. He notices my action and flinches himself.

"Too soon huh?" He says as he opens the door for me. We head towards the entrance of the laser tag room and Sebastian gladly plays for the game.

"Ma'am you are on team blue and Sir you are team red. Here's the rules: No Running, No Jumping on Equipment, No Food or Drinks inside, and absolutely no physical contact that consist of violence." The worker demanded in a stern voice as he wags his fingers at us. I had to stifle my laughs as Sebastian rolled his eyes once eye contact with the worker was gone.

We entered the room and put our game faces on. I gave him a smug grin as the lights went out and I got into my hiding position. Of course other people were inside, but luckily, no one hid where I was.

"Let the games begin!" A voice called out as techno music began to play as the mood was set. It appears as if I was an easy target because five younger kids cornered me and began shooting me. I tried to shoot back, but I was on my own. I shot the kid who was on my farthest left and his buzzer went off, signaling that he died. This kid must be in drama because he fell to the ground, stuck his tongue out, and held a hand to his heart. Still, I was cornered.

"I am here to save my dear babydoll!" A voice called out with an accent that could be headed from the 15th century. It was Sebastian. He "heroically", jumped off the plat forms and began shooting the little kids. All the kids giggled and ran away as Sebastian picked me up bridal style and we went to an area where it was safe from kids.

"I think your knight deserves a kiss." Sebastian said as he puckered his lips and leaned down. Did he really think he was getting a kiss on our first date? I mean hang out! I smirked as I backed up and aimed my gun at the sweet spot. His center of the chest. I held down the trigger and attacked him. He opened his eyes and frowned.

"You're so on." He said as he can chasing me around the big dark room. Apparently, one of the rules was not to run because an employee came up to us and frowned.

"Aye! You two! You are disqualified. Rule number one: NO RUNNING!" The worker said as we guiltily handed him our vests and guns. We walked out, hand in hand, and laughed as soon as we hopped in the car.

"Aye! You two! You saw disqualified!" Sebastian mocked in a funny voice. I laughed.

"Rule numbah one: NO RUNNING!" I imitated as Sebastian clutched his stomach from all the laughing. He starts the car as he looks at me.

"So, where do you want to eat?" He asked politely. I ponder this question.

"Breadstix?" I say. He smiles and nods.

"Breadstix it is.".

----------------------------------------------
We arrived at Breadstix in ten minutes. Sebastian opened he door for me and held my hand. We walked in together and asked for a table for two.

"So can I get you something to drink?" The waiter asked as he took out his notepad.

"Um the strawberry lemonade please." I say as he scribbled it down.

"I'll have the same." Sebastian says as the waiter nods with a smile and walks away.

"So. Let's talk. What are some of your interests? It could be anything." Sebastian asked my as he bites his lip. I raise an eyebrow at his body language before answering.

"Well, I can sing. Obviously since I'm in the glee club. I can't cook. I enjoy reading books if there interesting. Art is my best subject and I absolutely adore the Italian culture." I explain as Sebastian's eyes light up.

"Tell me. What sports teams do you like and why don't you like lacrosse." Sebastian said as he puts a hand to his heart and sticks out his bottom lip. Oh yeah, wannabe boy band plays lacrosse.

"I used to live in Chicago. And I never been that into lacrosse. I never even seen it played." I admit sheepishly. He tilts his head. His eyebrows scrunch up.

"You used to live in Chicago?" He asked with a flabbergasted facial expression. I sigh and roll my eyes playfully.

"We lived there up until I was eight.. So when I moved here, I during the summer of going to 4th grade. I had a private tutor for a while since I was such a nervous wreck." I say while taking a deep shaky breath. I tried my best not to cry over my father. I already spent 10 years doing so.
"I hope you don't mind asking, but why did you move?" He asked as our drinks were served.

"Are to ready to order?" The waiter asked while taking out his notepad. We nod.

"We will share the Pasta of the day." Sebastian says with a smile as the waiter nods and walks away.

"Ou so we're sharing our first meal." I tease. Sebastian has a faint tint of red on his cheeks as he looks down shaking his head with a slight chuckle escaping his lips.

"You didn't answer my question, why did you move?" He asked again. He looks at me with those bright green curious eyes.

"We moved because my father was offered a job out here. Cliche? Well, we packed our bags, bought an RV and drove so many miles to get here. Plane tickets for six people are expensive."I Say while he chuckles. He grabs my hand.

"Well I'm glad your here Aria."

"Don't be cliche Smythe."

We stared into each other's eyes. Not in a love sick way, but in a funny way. He had one eyebrow raised while the other way squinted. I had my eyes widened so it looked like they would pop out.

"Aria? What are you doing here? With him?!?" A voice I know all to well exclaims.

Kurt is here. The one guy who I didn't want to know I was hanging out with Sebastian.

"Well we were just it hanging out.." I explain. Kurt crosses his arms and scoffs.

"Who the hell 'hangs out' at Breadstix!?!?" Kurt demands while fuming. I swear, smoke was about to come out of his red hot ears.

"Okay it looks very unconvincing, but Kurt you ha-"

"Kurt my ass! You are a back stabber. Don't you remember that he slushied Blaine with rock salt? Don't you remember how much you disliked him about hmm let me think, about a damn week ago!?!??" Kurt goes off as he storms out of the restaurant. I rest my head on my hands as my face is buried and unseen. Something drastic and unpleasant had to be done. And trust me, it hurt me so much to do so. But my mind was set.

"From now on, stop talking to me until after Regionals. Don't even think about me. I want nothing to do with you. Kurt was right. I'm a back stabber." I say while getting up. Stray tears are finding there way out of my eyes. I wipe them away harshly. Sebastian grabs my arms.

"Please. Stay. We can work this out with-"

"Sebastian... They hate you. What's the point. Whether this was a hang out or our first date, whatever we were, it has reached the dead end. I need to focus on Regionals. On New Directions. They are my second family, and I betrayed them by hanging out with you. Kurt is probably going to tell everyone. I'm probably too late. Goodbye and Goodnight Sebastian." I say while running off into the streets of Ohio to find one if my closest friends Kurt, leaving a teary eyed Sebastian behind.