CHAPTER 33

12:00pm
"Why isn't he picking up?!" Aria mumbled to herself calling Sebastian for the thousandth time that morning. She glanced the top of her phone screen and sighed once she realized the party was going to start soon and Sebastian was ghosting her.

"Hey Aria we're leaving in 30 so make sure you're ready" my mom called from down the hall. All I had to do was brush my hair, so I angrily did so.

This was the first time Sebastian would be formally meeting my entire family. For the past months, I hyped him up and now my family is dying to meet him. He's all the talk amongst my aunts and uncles so they were super anxious to meet him. I texted him one last time and went on with getting dressed.

-/----
1:07pm
God, my head is pounding. My eyes can barely register my surroundings. It reeks of alcohol. I heard rustling and look to my right to see Blaine, Kurt, and some other random glee kid. I unlock my phone and I'm greeting with 5 missed calls and 23 texts from Aria. The latest one is from 40 minutes ago. It reads:

"Good morning bby, I hope u didn't stay out too late. Anyways the party is at 12:30 at 163 Franklin Ct. Call me if you need a ride because we're leaving soon!"

Party? What the hell- OH SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!!! I was suppose to go meet her family today. And I'm late. Well who had a party at 12:30 on a Sunday. I need to shower. And change my clothes reek of alcohol and have mysterious stains. But I'm at Blaine's house. I don't have time to go back home and shower. God, I'm gonna be late... but fuck it.

----/--
"Aria, where's your man??" My aunt Gina asked sipping on her Coke. I puckered my lips and threw my hands up.

"Well he should be on his way" I answered slightly irritated that he's not here. My uncle, Gina's husband, Mark walked up.

"Well, that's strike one. This fool should never leave a girl waiting. Especially if that girl is you and has a crazy ass family that'll whoop his ass on spot for being late." He said half jokingly. I chucked and shook my head.

"He'll be here, he has to be. Or I'll smack his bighead!" I said causing them to laugh. I looked at my phone and chewed on my lip. It was 1:30 and he wasn't here. Lucky for him, our parties can last till 2am, so he's not technically late but he still is and I'm super annoyed.

To keep my mind off him, I went to the backyard to see my little cousins jumping on the trampoline. I hop on and the 8 year old began to taunt me.

"Ooooooh Arias got a boyfriend!" She, Nessa, laughs. I playfully slap her head and laugh. In the midst of jumping, I spot Sebastian's car pull up to the house.

"Hey guys he's here I'll be outside!" I say rushing out to the front yard.

"Why are you late? And why do you smell like axe? And why are you wearing Blaine's clothes??" I question. He kisses my head.

"Sorry I totally forg-

"Forgot. Besides the point, but you better make it up to me. My family has been asking nonstop about you. I'd thought you never show up." I say. I say the last part quietly but he still heard me and intertwined his fingers through my hand(??).

When we walk back to house, my uncles and aunts and cousins surround us. The greetings were going fine and dandy, until Nessa spoke up.

"Why is your shirt too small?! Hahahaha" she said giggling. Apparently this provoked my uncles to start asking questions as well.

"Yeah and why do you reek of cologne."

My uncle Chris eyes him suspiciously and slightly scoffs.

"Oldest trick in the book. To mask the stench of alcohol... but he wouldn't do that hahah. Not before meeting us right?" He says patting Sebastian on the back. Then, the rest happened in slow motion.

----
Meeting arias family is going good but I still feel nervous. Sick to my stomach may I say. I don't know if it's this hangover, nervousness, or something I ate the night, but my stomach started doing backflips. My eyes diverted around the room and I was overwhelmed with the crowd of family members. Their voices were drowned out and my main concern was getting to a bathroom. Unfortunately for me, life has other plans.
----
Sebastian went silent and Aria's family noticed. They eyed him up and down. Aria's older cousin, Warren, gave Sebastian a slight push to bring him back to reality. Only, this made warren a victim.

In a matter of seconds, Sebastian emptied his guts and puked over Warren. The littlecousins were screamin at the nasty sight. The aunts we're giving the most judgmental looks. And the uncles, were getting ready to square up and also clean up. But Aria, Aria looked pissed.

"What the fu-. Come on Sebastian let's go to the bathroom." Aria said dragging him into the bathroom. Sebastian couldn't contain himself and barfed over Aria. Aria stood there, embarrassed but surprisingly kept her composure.

"Go. To. The. Fucking. Bathroom. Babe." She said in a calm voice. But Sebastian knew, she was anything but.

Deep down, he knew he failed her yet again. Deep down he knew he shouldn't have got blackout drunk and controlled himself. Deep down he thought he wasn't good enough for her. Deep down he knew she was his world. Deep down he knew that it wasn't a big deal he forgot and left his engagement ring at home. Deep down he knew, her family hated him. Deep down he knew, he would not get their blessing for marriage.

---
"So he reeks of alcohol and puked? I sense an alcoholic..."

"Shut up Nessa." Gina threatened at her daughter.