Chapter 26

MY EARLY CHAPTERS ARE SO CRINGEY 

"So I see you shaved your head." I said attempting to start conversation.

Sebastian nodded in response, ending the conversation before it even started. I decided to just start making the cupcakes in silence. Although I tried to focus on making the batter, I couldn't help but stare at the new Sebastian.

He was still tall, but definitely not lanky. He was buff, but at the same time, not totally muscular and body builder like. His eyes didn't sparkle anymore. He did grow a scruff which was pretty damn sexy if you ask me. His hair looked like it was beginning to grow out. I couldn't help, but bite my lip.

"You're staring." He said in a rough voice. I quickly looked back the batter and continued to work.

"Sorry, it's just that.... I feel like I don't know you anymore. You've physically changed, for the better in my opinion." I mumbled jokingly. A light chuckle emerged out of him.

"So, have you been?" I asked after mustering up the courage. His body tensed up, but I pretended not to notice.

"Um, I've been doing fine. Went to military camp for a couple months."

Fine. Just fine? He's acting like our relationship didn't happen. Like the time I've spent in the hospital meant nothing to him. I'm pretty sure he didn't even visit me. I decided to confront him about this.

"Did you ever visit?" I asked softly. I heard the light bang of utensils hit the counter. We both gazed at each other before he finally answered.

"Aria, that's a sensitive topic..." He said while breaking eye contact. He didn't visit me. My boyfriend didn't even visit me. Did he even know I was in the hospital?

"Were you aware I was in the hospital for three months?" I scoffed. HE looked taken aback, but quickly regained himself.

"Yes, I knew you were in the hospital, but I wasn't able to visit you."

"Why? Why didn't you come to see me? What stopped you? You had months to visit me!"

"I tried texting you, but it wasn't until a week before I started military camp that I was informed."

"Couldn't you visit before you left?" I asked him on the spot.

"No, I had to pack."

"Because packing is more important than seeing your girlfriend who nearly died to find you?!"

"Do you realize how hard it was to be the reason that the love of your life almost died?! It was hard for me!" He yelled at me with narrowed eyes. I gladly returned the glare.

"Do YOU even know what I been through??? I was in the hospital for months! I was in a damn coma for months! The minute I woke up I was drugged up on prescriptions, had to take test after test after test.!!" I spat.

Out of complete anger, I threw the batter at him. He looked flabbergasted. He got an egg and cracked it on my head as the yolk slid down my face. I reached for the flour but couldn't grab it. He noticed this and slightly pushed it towards me. I yanked it off the counter and once again, threw it all over him. In return, he poured the whole bag of sugar over me. Before anymore damaged could be done, Blaine walked in for a check in. His big bright smile quickly faded away.

"Okay I'm leaving in five minutes to pick Kurt up, uh, what happened?" he questioned while rubbing the bridge of his nose. My arm shot straight up and I pointed my finger at the male covered in batter and flour. As if on cue, Sebastian pointed down at me.

"That's it. I don't have time for this. I pre-ordered cupcakes from the bakery. I thought this would be a good moment for the love birds to catch up, but clearly something went wrong. I'm texting Mercedes, Rachel, and Jeff to come sort this little mess out. Now five people, aren't working and everything will be delayed, thank yourselves." Blaine said while fixing his collar. As soon as he stomped away, Sebastian and I put our arms back to our sides.

I wiped the contents out of my face. Way to start conversation, Aria.