Chapter 27

Mercedes and Jeff arrived at the same time. Rachel stormed in minutes later.

"Everything needs to be settled, once and for all." Rachel said with her arms crossed. She tapped her foot a couple times before rolling her eyes at the silence.

"Aria, please explain why Sebastian is covered in batter and flour?" Rachel demanded.

I didn't want to do it, but I couldn't hold it in any longer. I kept it from my friends and family. I lie and tell them I'm fine and I'll recover, but in all honesty, I'm far from fine.

I was gone from this world for months. I don't know what was going on in the outside world. I missed graduation. I missed the glee club and the assignments we had. I missed what would've been Sebastian and I's nine month anniversary. I broke down.

"I missed everything. I didn't get to graduate. I didn't get to enjoy prom. I didn't get to see anyone for five months. As stupid as it sounds, I didn't get to do any glee assignments. I wasn't able to wish Quinn goodbye." I sobbed out.

The mood of the room shifted. Rachel and Mercedes came to comfort me. Jeff sat there awkwardly, glaring at the guilty looking Sebastian.

"I think I'll take it from here.." Sebastian said as Rachel and Mercedes slowly backed away from.

It felt like home. Even in an awkward position, when he wrapped his arms around me, I felt at ease. As cliche as it sounds, I felt safe. I didn't want him to let go.

He must've read my mind because we stayed in that position for quite some time. We didn't even hear our friends leave. I looked up at Sebastian.

"I missed our nine month anniversary..." I said softly.

He looked down at me. Nothing, but love filled his eyes.

"I felt guilty. I felt as if it was my fault for you being in there." He said referring to my wheelchair.

I sighed and leaned my head against his chest.

"Do you know when you get out of the chair?"

"The doctor said that I was healing little by little while I was unconscious, as weird as that sounds. But I get my crutches in two months. And if everything goes as planned, I'll be walking three months from now." I said with a bright smile on my face.

"Already? I can't wait, but it seems to be happening so fast.. I know it might not seem like that to you though.." He said quickly, realizing what he just said. His face went a light pink.

"It's fine... But in the meantime, Artie's teaching me how to get around and have fun in this thing.. I kind of understand what he has to go through.. But not fully." I told Sebastian.

He smiled down at me. I smiled up at him. I could just admire him for hours. After everything that's happened, we somehow made it this far. After the childish and dicky things he's done, the conflict between him and New Directions. It was all worth it. Just to be here with the man I love.

He slowly leaned down and gently closed his eyes. I followed in suit. Butterflies in my stomach, from the anxiousness of not kissing him in months. I almost forgot the taste. Almost. Just centimeters apart.

"KURT IS HERE! GET A MOVE ON PEO- am interrupting something?" Finn asked as he scratched the back of his head.

"I'm just going to go.." He said before strolling out.

Sebastian and I looked at each other and laughed. He gave me a small peck on my cheek.

"I'll push you..." He said while standing up.

"Not surprised, you being a push over and all.."

"ARIA!!"

"What? Wannabe Disney prince..."

"Whatever... Baby doll."