Chapter 19

••••••
The bright lights of the Breadtsix logo reflected off the various puddles. I carefully exited the car and stepped over them. The rocky road made me look like a giraffe trying to walk in heels. How ironic how I'm the complete opposite of a giraffe. Short.

"My lady.." A silky voice spoke as he extended out a hand. I grinned as my hand fit into his cold one. This Ohio weather has everyone and everything freezing. My date escorted us inside as he checked in about our reservation. I observed the restaurant and to my dismay, it was packed with other formally dressed teenagers. All from my school. And some, all too familiar.

An instinct kicked in to hide so no one sees me with Sebastian. I tried so hard to fight it off. Who cares if anyone sees us. I'm happy with him? We've been dating for over five months. Yo y'all should eventually find out. Why not tonight? Unfortunately, my insecure side won the battle and I scurried back to the car to retrieve the mask.

"Aria, we being seated now. Is everything okay babe?" Sebastian asked in a concerned voice as my face was tinted pink. My face wrinkled up in thought as I tried to come up with an excuse.

"Yeah I'm fine, but I was thinking.. What I we ate dinner with the masks on? You know, like we're undercover spies in disguise." I said happy with the lie. I studied Sebastian's reaction. His eyes had a glint of something I couldn't quite my finger on. It looked sort of like, upset. Before I could ask, Sebastian on a cheesy smile.

"Sure thing, I'll get it. Just be a quick sec..." He said before jogging outside. He looked quite ridiculous, jogging in a tuxedo. I laughed to myself before taking a deep sigh. There was something in his eyes. I can't tell what it was. It was a fault. Did he see right through my lie? He's quite good at that. I didn't get to ponder over it too much because he came back in a matter of seconds.

"One for youuu." He said while putting the mask on. I put mine on as well as the waiter walked us to our table.

"Good evening. My name is Kris and I'll be taking care of you guys tonight. What can I get started?" A middle aged woman asked with a bright smile.

"I'll just have a water..." I say while studying Sebastian's face. His eyes were glued on the menu. He only nodded.

"I'll have the same thing." He mumbled out in concentration as he flipped slowly through the menu. Kris scribbled down our order before walking away to give us more time to decide.

"So do you know what your getting?" I ask while touching his hand. He flinched away and scratched the back of his neck. He only scratches his neck when he's either uncomfortable or somethings bothering him.

"Hey... Is everything alright?" I asked while rubbing my cold knuckles.

"Yeah just deciding what to eat." He replied a bit too quickly and harsh. My eyebrows knitted together, I was stunned. I gave him one last look before dropping the conversation. Our waitress came back as she set down the waters.

"Okay now, what are we eating?" She asked playfully as she pulled out her pen and notepad.

"Ummm, can I get the.... grilled chicken Alfredo?" I stated while handing her the menu. We both looked at Sebastian. He looked in deep thought. And he was probably not concerned on what to eat.

"I'll share with her..." He said while smiling at the lady and handing her his menu. I tilted my head. Sudden change of behavior. First he was being distant and now he's back. I smiled at him as i rested my covered face in my hands. He forced out a smiled, but then dropped it and sighed.

"Can't I just take this off. It's getting pretty itchy. I don't want to eat with this on Aria." He said he lifted it off. I scoped the area. We were in the back and no own I knew were even close by. It's safe.

"Yeah go a head." I confirmed while taking mine off as well. He smiled.

"Now I'm able to see toe beautiful face." He said while taking my hands on his. We sat there for a five minutes in that position. Soon the smell of creamy pasta invaded the air as our plate was set in the middle of the table.

"Enjoy." She said before walking away. We both smirked at each other before we indulged in such deliciousness.

••••••••••••

Why was Sebastian acting so weird? How will Aria react at prom when her and Sebastian are exposed to the glee club? All will be revealed in the next chapter....