Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Kakuzu had to jump backward back around the corner he was just about to go around, some powerful Jutsu had come so close to his face that it ripped part of his hood.  

The wall that he was staring at, now had shredded marks, burn marks and some of the wall looked like acid was eating at it.

His back was against the wall as he peeked around the corner, Kantou was lying on the floor in a puddle of his own blood, his eyes turning a silver gray.  He was dead.

The figure standing in front of him turned around and walked in his direction.  Miyaka had finally killed him. 

Her expression changed from curious to thoughtful then she face-palmed herself while shouting, "shit!"

Personally, he liked her appearance better now, her hair complemented her much more than her short hair.  Her pants and top making her figure show more, which he caught himself staring at.

He stepped out from behind the wall catching her attention.

"Oh, Kakuzu, there you are," she had a hint of relief in her voice.

"What, were you worried or something?" he couldn't keep the amusement out of his tone.

"No, I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about searching for you."

Was she going to search for him?  Did she think that he was going to stand around while she fought Kantou?  He caught up at the last second because she had paralyzed him somehow, but he had rushed after her once he was free of it.  Some kind of magnetic pull forced him to follow her.  An emotion he couldn't quite put his finger on, it was wrapped around his brain making him think about it every so often.

Once she was in arm's length of him she put her arm on his shoulder, then a smile crept onto her face with her eyes closed.  It wasn't a normal smile it was creepy like she was up to something kinda creepy.

"Sorry Kakuzu, but I can't risk you getting hurt." She said to him.

Before he could say anything an outline of a portal appeared behind him, and the next thing he knew she had pushed him through it with the strength he didn't think she had.  It started to close, and he saw he turn her back to him walking away.  He shot his threads forward wrapping around her torso pulling her with him.

Miyaka was surprised when threads suddenly wrapped around her and pulled her into the portal along with Kakuzu.  If she went through it, she couldn't destroy this mansion, so she directed the destination to the basement instead.

They appeared in the basement suddenly.  The cell where she was held had the door still opened.

She ignored the room and kept walking down it towards a pillar where she halted, and Kakuzu stopped beside her confused.

"This is why I didn't want you coming with me, because I have to use my powers to teleport me out of here-" she put her hand on the pillar that was in a line with many others down the hall "-but now it will take longer because there is two of us."

"I'm not leaving you again, I'm going to stay annoyingly close to you for now."

A small blush went across her face in embarrassment.

'Alright, enough you love birds.'

'Oh shut up'

Closing her eyes she made energy pulse into the pillar and it started to glow a purple color.  It pulsed from its original color and back.  It was like a warning telling them to get out of there fast.

She grabbed Kakuzu and ran in the opposite direction.  A portal appeared in front of them and she dragged him through it.  Suddenly they were on top of the roof looking down at the compound. 

"Why are we on the roof?" he asked her with a raised eyebrow.

That's when he noticed the dark circles under her eyes.  Her powers must have taken a toll on her body.  Fighting her way out of her cell, up the different floors which were swarmed with Kantou's men, and then fighting Kantou.  And finally killing him.

Miyaka was indeed exhausted, her vision was blurring, and she kept slipping out of consciousness.

She went up to him and touched her finger on his forehead while looking down so her bangs shadowed her eyes, then suddenly he was falling from the sky.  Looking to the left he saw the mansion.

He cursed as he righted himself landing on his feet roughly making some dust kick up from the impact.

                                                                               ~*~

The members were a safe distance away from the compound and mansion when they all turned to Hidan.

"Well Hidan, are you going to explain yourself?" Leader demanded not impressed with his sudden command to leave the area right away.

Before he could say anything something appeared in the sky above them and landed a little in front of them.

"Kakuzu . . ." Leader said softly letting Kakuzu know that they were there.

He turned around in a sour mood.

"What's your problem?" Hidan snapped at him, his mood getting the best of him.

Miyaka had teleported him off the roof and into the air, then the next thing he knew was he was falling near where Leader and the rest of the members were.  

Now he was beyond pissed.  Yes, he was pissed at her, but it was the fact that he had fought his way through to find her and what does she do? she puts him out of danger while she faces it head on.

"Nothing, nevermind." than something that has been bothering him for the last hour or so just came in full force.

"What's the deal with the two of you, Hidan?" snapping his head toward him with a scowl.

"You want to know? Fine everyone does too anyway."  He stood up from his spot on the ground.

"She came to my village before it was a tourist location.  She and I . . ." he waited before continuing as he turned around, "were teammates."

everyone's eyes widened.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm sorry if Hidan doesn't have the same kinda personality that he's supposed to have.  But hey, give me a break it's the first story that I started.  

Anyway, Vote, Rate, and comment.

Hopefully positive comments, this girl has a fragile mind.