Final Chapter

This is not the end of the story, but the end of the first book.  The next one will be much better so don't be negative just yet.

Warning it's kind of short.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Final Chapter

Emi had tried to make a connection to her Sensei for the whole night, but there was nothing there.  It was to the point where she had collapsed from using to much chakra.  She had a hard time believing that her Sensei would sacrifice herself trying to save her team, instead of everyone all trying to find a way out together so everyone survives.

Kakuzu had been cold to Emi as soon as she had seen her and didn't even tell Emi what had happened underneath the temple.  She didn't know why until Itachi had explained that he knew about Miyaka's second identity.  The bounty hunter, Shadow.

Then there was Hidan.  He had acted like nothing had happened.  Emi was beyond furious with him for being so calm when her Sensei was gone and his old teammate, until she saw the pained look in his eyes.  He had cared about her, even if he didn't always show it.  He just moped around the hideout in a sour mood for the rest of the night.

Everyone else was just sad and somewhat surprised that she would do that.

When morning came Emi packed up the things she had, thanked Leader for letting her stay for so long and set out to return to her home that she would now be living alone in.

As she was leaping through the trees something made the hair on her neck stand, sending shivers down her spine.  She stopped on a tree branch crouched watching her surroundings.

"Maybe I should have excepted Leaders offer to have Itachi and Kisame escort me back to the village,"  Emi muttered to herself. 

She whipped a kunai behind her as she turned when she felt a presence, but it disappeared as soon as it came.

Could it be her mind from not getting enough sleep?  Or the fact that she was alone in the world from now on, since Miyaka decided to randomly to throw her life away.

Then it was heard from her left, making her snap her head in that direction.  She pulled out kunai and leaped through the trees getting away from the noise, with her kunai in hand.  

The noise in the forest kept appearing as and disappearing as it was never there in the first place.  It was hard for her to pinpoint it's location accurately.  

After it appeared and disappeared a few times, Emi was able to pick up on its pattern.  Just as it appeared she threw the kunai, then it disappeared.

Emi went where the kunai was lodged in the tree trunk, and a piece of--what looked like a black cloak--was stuck between the tree and kunai.  She picked it up examining it closely, and something clicked in her mind.  Her eyes widened.

Emi then realized that the disappearing act wasn't from an enemy, but the exact opposite.  She thought through the way it appeared and disappeared.  After a few minutes, she had figured out that it was Morse code and told her to meet them somewhere.

                                                                         ~*~

After she had gone to the correct spot just outside the village, where someone was already waiting for her.

Tears welled up in Emi's eyes blocking her vision as she ran towards them, and tackled them in a huge hug.  "I knew you weren't dead!  You would never throw your life away like that."

"I'm sorry Emi, I didn't mean to worry you like that, but I had to make the Akatsuki think that I was dead." She put her arms around the young teen.

"Why."

"Because something happened underneath the temple, which made me think that Akuma had been destroyed, but she's just floating around in spirit form.  And I somehow have her powers still and for me to figure out who I really am, I can't have them on my back.  Not only that but Kakuzu now knows that I am Shadow the one who stole from him."

Emi looked up at her, "how did he find out?"

"Thank Akuma for that."

Emi looked at her feet.  "Oh."

"Promise me you won't tell anyone that I'm alive, okay?"

"But, if you explain-"

"Emi ... please." she pleaded, her tone desperate.

She sighed heavily closing her eyes, "alright Sensei but you owe me big time."  She opened them to see her Sensei gone with no trace that she was even there.

Emi dropped to her knees, sobs wracking her body.  She wasn't going to see her Sensei for a long time, but she hoped it wasn't the last.

____________________________________________________________________________

Sorry it's so short.  I will start working on the first chapter tomorrow, but not sure how long exacly it will take to put the first chapter out so, check back every couple days.  A week at the most.

I'll put a heads up here when I get it out :)

I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I did writing it, it was my first book after all.

The next will be even more fun to write with the story getting interesting

Vote Rate Comment.