Chapter 6

Disclaimer I do not own Naruto

________________________________________

Chapter 6

A young girl around twelve was walking down a dirt path in the forest. She had long red hair that flowed down to her hip and green eyes. In her arms was a brown paper bag, her mother had asked her to go and get some groceries in the village while she started dinner.

As she was heading back to her house, which for some reason unknown to her, was in the forest away from the village. There was sound coming from somewhere off the path near the small lake that was nearby. Her mother had told her to never stray from the path, for there is danger away from it. Rouge ninja like to hang outside of the path, but the young girl has never seen any, and she had been back and forth on the path many times.

Looking towards from where the sound was coming from she stepped to the edge of the path facing into the woods. She heard the sound again, but this time voices followed after it, making her want to see what was going on even more. Slowly and carefully putting on foot off of the path and looking around, to see if any rogue ninja would jump at her. Not likely since she had just put her foot on the soft grass a moment ago, so there was no possible way that they would know. Hopefully. Once she knew it was safe she walked into the forest heading in the direction of the sound.

Reaching where the sound was coming from, she peeked from behind a tree. There were two boys that looked to be her age, they were throwing kunai at a target that was in front of them. One of them threw one and it hit the bulls-eye making a thump sound which was what she was hearing echoing through the forest. The kid beside him cheered doing the same but missed it by a few centimeters. His face dropped and looked over at she guessed was a friend or classmate that was now laughing at him. "Hey! Quit laughing at me!" "S-sorry but you missed the target completely, Tasuku." "Well, I'm not a jack-of-all-trades like you are, Arai." She smiled at them. She wished that she could be a ninja like them, even though the kid named Tasuku wasn't that good at throwing, he was a ninja. Her smile dropped. She envied them allot and other kids that got to be a ninja, unlike her. She left them and headed back to the pathway that headed to her house that was hidden in the woods.

*~*

Once she got to her house, she slipped off her sandals and headed towards the kitchen. Placing the bag that she was carrying on the table. "Here you go, got everything you asked for" the woman at the stove looked over her shoulder at her. "Thank you Miyaka, dear," she said. She had red hair, that was in a long ponytail going down to the middle of her back. Her green eyes were shining, the were filled with love. "Your welcome mom." She smiled back and started to unpack the groceries so she could help with dinner.

Once it was finished Miyaka set the table with two bowls, chopsticks and cups. They had made her favorite meal, ramen with pork slices mixed in it. After the both of them had their dinner in front of them, they sat down across from each other at the round white table.

Miyaka was about halfway done when she looked up at her mother. "Mom? Can I ask you something?" Looking up at her daughter in concern "yes, what is it?" Looking down at her half empty bowl she timidly asked:"since we are low on money I could get a job then maybe I can learn to become a ninja." Her mother sighed putting down her chopsticks. "I've talked to you about this before. You can't it's against the rules." Suddenly Miyaka's hands slammed onto the table making her bowl topple to the ground, smashing the bowl to pieces. "What rules? There aren't any rules you just don't want me to be a ninja!" Leaving the table and stomping to her room.

She didn't understand why her mother wouldn't let her learn the ninja arts. There was no way she wanted to grow up as a housewife, learning Jutsu would be so much more fun. She had already been practicing throwing kunai and shuriken and was really good at it. never missed her target, and already taught herself to walk on water.