Chapter 28

Some writers don't update until they have this many votes or that many comments, but I don't. I update for my readers not for myself.  Though when I get votes and positive comments it makes me update 50% faster.

On with the story :)

Don't know why but I love that pic!

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 28

Kakuzu was surprised when he saw Miyaka go down on her hands and knees.  He had seen her slightly bruised and beaten from fighting Kantou and then the whole Akatsuki from when she lost her control over Akuma.  But otherwise she has been hard to bring down.

Then there was the creature she was fighting, he had helped her with one, but now the other had become enraged after she had finished it off and became one-hundred times worse.  It had managed to pop Miyaka's barrier abilities so now using that as a defense was out of the question.

He looked down at her slumped body against his chest, his arm the only thing holding her from falling to the cement floor he was standing on.  Her face was calm, her breathing was steady so he knew that nothing was wrong with her, she just simply fainted.  But the gash on her arm could be a problem.

He set her down against the wall near the huge cement wall that he hoped to get through once they got rid of the creature.  Gently he grabbed her arm and started to stitch her arm up being careful not to hurt her anymore.  Her face would scrunch up if he hit a tender spot which made him worry slightly.

Itachi landed beside him looking down at her analyzing her wound.  "How is she?"

"She'll be alright for now.  The real problem is that thing over there."  He pointed to the weird creature floating in the air in front of the platform they were on. 

Itachi narrowed his eye at it, "it doesn't seem to come near the exit or entrance, just the open space between,"  He noted.  "It didn't even attack me when I had to jump from platform to platform, even though I had to use extra chakra because of the huge spaces between each of them."

"So it's only after Miyaka, then,"  Kakuzu stated after finishing with her arm and standing up.

"It seems so."  Itachi looked at her sleeping form.  She looked so peaceful, instead of having a serious face it was calm and gentle looking.

The two of them faced their enemy watching it closely.  

"Cover me,"  Itachi ordered Kakuzu, and jump onto one of the platforms and waiting to see if it would attack him or not.

Kakuzu raised an eyebrow at him, "yes, Sir,"  he said sarcastically.

He unzipped his cloak and let his other masked hearts out in his place since they could fly without a problem.  

Itachi stood there watching it closely to see if it would attack or not, or if they would have to make the first move.

Itachi wasn't the type to attack first he was the one who always used defensive techniques or his eyes to take out his enemy.  The only time he would attack first if he was assassinating a target, or if it was absolutely necessary.

Signaling Kakuzu to make the first move while he watched it carefully.  His eyes couldn't see in its mind at all.  It was like it was just an empty shell with an enormous amount of chakra.

One of Kakuzu's masks went behind it and shot and blasted a ball of air at it, which it dodged easily without looking.  Itachi threw kunai at it knowing that it probably wouldn't have a chance to hit it.  It opened its mouth and a blast of purple chakra came flying at him, as he jumped to the next platform he heard some cracking sound coming from it.

Lighting was heard as he turned to face the creature and one of the masks was chasing it as it flew throughout the room trying to escape.  Itachi weaved some hands signs and blew out a giant fireball toward the thing, a blast of wind hit the fire making it grow enormously in size and hitting it dead on.  

It leaped out of the smoke towards Itachi, which was now ready to defend against it.  But Kakuzu's fist clocked it right in the face.  His hand retracted back to where he was standing at the exit near Miyaka. Itachi nodded at him thanking him silently.

It jumped out of the crater in the wall near the entrance it had made when it had made contact with it after getting punched.  It bared its teeth and green drool started to drip out of its mouth and when it hit the platform it ate away at it.

'Acid drool?' Itachi thought to himself.

It roared at him causing its drool to spray towards him.  He added chakra to his feet and jump on a platform from behind him as the acid started to disintegrate the one he was just on.

Now he had to be really careful not to get touched by it or else it could be really bad.  There was nothing that either of them a had on them to stop the acid from destroying whatever it touched.  If it happened to get on any one of them it would kill them or their limb would be useless.

He used his eyes to try and put it into a Genjutsu, but it didn't do anything except make it angry.  It charged at him he disappeared and reappeared beside Kakuzu.

Kakuzu's fire mask blasted a giant fireball at it and it just shot a ball of acid of equal size towards the flame destroying it completely.  Another came from behind it blasting water balls at high speed.  It used its tail and destroyed them making water splash everywhere and causing puddles to form all around where it was now standing on the platform.

Itachi weaved some hand signs and used the water and made clones.  They all attacked it at once but it used its claws teeth and tail to get rid of them.

It suddenly turned towards one of the masks and with inhuman speed destroyed it before it was able to dodge making it disappear into a pile of black substance.

"This is harder than I thought it would be,"  Kakuzu said.  "If there was an actual floor it wouldn't be so annoying to fight it."

"I agree."  Itachi nodded.

"You need a floor?  I can help with that."  An eerie voice said from behind them.

The familiar menacing chakra was felt by the two of them and they turned their head t look in the direction of where Miyaka was supposed to be resting against the wall.

"Do not worry I'm in control this time.  She isn't about to take control of my body anytime soon."

Her voice sounded like Akuma's but her eyes told them it was Miyaka in control.

She walked beside them standing in-between the two.

"How are you going to make a floor?"  Kakuzu raised an eyebrow at her.

She hesitated before answering "I just can." 

She turned her head at Kakuzu then looked at Itachi, "a word of precaution, I can only hold it for so long.  And if I get knocked out it will disappear.  It will only last for about ten minutes since it's such a big area."

They both nodded.

Now she could show the her true potential.

______________________________________________________________________

Yay!  Another chapter done.  How was it?  The next chapter will be very long so it will take me a bit to update.  With action, romance and jealousy!  Hope you look forward to it. 

Vote, rate, and comment! :)