Chapter 8

Disclaimer I do not own Naruto
__________________________________

Chapter 8

Miyaka has been working on the barrier.....again, for a while now. Three-quarters of the barrier were covered with a clear purple shield that she was emitting from her hands.  It's been about three hours and Hidan was sitting on a rock bored out of his mind, Kakuzu keeping his eyes on the area making sure no one appeared and breaking her concentration.  

Suddenly the whole barrier started to retreat back into her hands and up her arms.  She stood up from her position and took out a scroll opening it slamming her hand down on it, so the glowing purple flowed into the scroll.  Her eyes were a glowing bright green color.

Kakuzu didn't know where but he saw them someplace before.  Now that she had finished they could return to the hideout and speak with Leader.  Miyaka should be able to take it down now that she had evaluated it.  If she can't there isn't anyone who can.  

Once the purple glow had disappeared into the scroll, she closed it standing up.  Closing her eyes, she flinched a bit from the pain on her back because of the stitches.  Taking a deep breath with her eyes closed, then releasing it along with opening them.  Once her and Kakuzu's eyes met, she went on to explain what to do next.  "Ok, we shou-" before she could finish her sentence her body froze.  

Miyaka's eyes rolled in the back of her head as her eyelids closed.  She felt her body heading towards the ground, but before she could hit it an arm went around her stopping her.  The last thing she felt before losing consciousness was herself being lifted upward in someone's arms.

                                      ~*~

Miyaka slowly and painfully sat up in her bed holding her pounding head.  She had known that she wouldn't be able to stay awake after finishing with the barrier, not with her injuries and not much chakra left.  That was mostly Hidan's fault though, if he hadn't interrupted the first time then she wouldn't have gotten badly hurt and have to do the barrier again.

After a few minutes, she noticed that the room looked different from the room she was in before. There was a couple briefcase beside the dresser and bounty books beside her on the side table by the lamp.  Smiling, she figured out just whose room it was that she happened to be in.  Why he didn't put her in the one that she had first slept in was unknown to her.  But for some reason she didn't care one bit, she was just glad he hadn't done anything to her while she was out of commission.

Getting out of bed she walked down the stairs into the living room.  She wanted to find out where Kakuzu is so the two of them can go and talk to their Leader all at once, instead of doing it twice. Spotting Deidara on the couch watching t.v she approached him silently.  "Hey Deidara, have you seen Kakuzu?" he turned his head and his face lit up once he saw her "Oh! Miyaka, how are you feeling?" "Just fine. have you seen him?" asking him again getting annoyed at his behavior.  A voice was heard from the corner making Deidara glare in the direction.  "He talked to Itachi last, he might know where he went.  Itachi is in the Kitchen."  "Thanks, Sasori."

Leaving the living room heading into the Kitchen.  Going over to where Itachi was, sitting at the table reading a book.  She went up to him standing behind him reading a couple words before he asked "You looking for Kakuzu, Miyaka?" backing away from him going to his side looking at him.  She couldn't help but notice how attractive his dark eyes were without his Sharingan activated.  "Yes, have you seen him?" "he said he was going on a bounty hunt with Hidan until you woke up.  He shouldn't be much longer."  

Nodding her head and going leave the kitchen, well that was until someone ran up to her screaming in her ear "My name is Tobi.  Tobi is a good boy!"  Her hair blowing to one side like she had a hairdryer blowing in her face.  Rubbing her ear and putting her hair back into place "that's nice.  But can you not scream in my ear next time?" he stood there before bursting "No problem Miyaka.  Tobi will stop yelling.  Tobi is a good boy!" he covered his mouth after he finished "oops" She gave a nasty glare tired of hearing his voice.  Tobi ran scared and into the living room.