Chapter 18

Chapter 18  

All the Akatsuki members eyes widened and stared at Hidan in shock.  Kakuzu's eyebrows narrowed and he moved towards Hidan, in a slow intimidating way.

He had to be lying, there was no way that she could've been his teammate.  She lived on the border of the land of fire, the three villages were separated but acted as one and hidden in the thick forest.  They weren't even on any map. 

"That's impossible Hidan, yes you have a past with her, but, you guys don't act like teammates would.  So there isn't any way that you could have been."

Hidan glared at Kakuzu, "we were Kakuzu.  I had found her in front of the village, and the elders had accepted her easily.  So she became part of my team."  He walked up to him "you can ask her if you don't believe me." 

Hidan turned away from him and looked at Leader "what do you want to do now?" 

Leader raised an eyebrow at how quickly he changed the subject obviously not wanting to talk about it. He was going to question him later.

"Well, she doesn't want her help but we are-"

"No." Hidan interrupted

Leader glared at him "What?"

"She's not going to let any of us near her if we try she will just throw us back with a barrier or force field.  Trust me she's done it to me loads of times."

Deidara was about to say something but a voice interrupted him.

"You can't but I can." 

Emi was leaning against a tree with a scowl on her face.  Not happy with the fact that she had been put to sleep.

"How? and why can you but not any of us?" Itachi was standing in front of her then crouched down to her level.

"Because, Kantou's bloodline is meant to protect the temple," she started. "He's able to calm and control the God that came from the temple if he has inherited the ability.  But it's only passed down every fifty years."

"But if Kantou can then there isn't a way to get close to her.  She killed him."  Kakuzu told her and crossed his arms.  Emi's eyes flashed with relief and grief was present, but barely there.

"Didn't you hear me? I said if he inherited the gene.  His grandfather had it, and the gene was passed down fourteen years ago." 

"So?" Hidan snapped.

Emi closed her eyes taking a deep breath.  "They know who has the gene by the color of their eyes, they're red with no pupils."  

She opened her eyes and all of the members had formed a semi-circle around her at this point.  

"It's you," Itachi stated.

Nodding her head she stood up and stood in front of Kakuzu. "I'm going to send you up to where she is going to appear.  You have to take it from there."

She bit her thumb and put her hand above her head palm upward fingers spread out, "Summoning Jutsu!"

A cloud of smoke appeared and something jumped out of it landing a couple meters from them.  Its wings gave a giant flap then folded at its side.

"I thought those were mythical creatures?"

"I'm special." Emi walked up to it and the Pegasus nuzzled her with its nose.  

She nodded to Kakuzu after she explained that her summon could cut through Miyaka's barriers and force fields without a problem.  He hopped onto its back.

                                                                                     ~*~

Miyaka couldn't risk Kakuzu being hurt so she had no choice but to teleport him out of harm's way.  She took a deep breath as her vision started to waver trying to regain it.  She was beyond exhausted, the black bags underneath her eyes gave it away.

She could feel the rumbling under her feet from the building collapsing from the basement.  It jerked sideways as she slid down along the top of the roof.

'You ready, Akuma?'

'I am.  But are you?'

Miyaka snorted at her and jumped off the building.  As she was falling her body started to glow a dark purple.  Then she screamed as purple beams shot from her body heading towards the building.  The last thing she saw was the building explode and then the ground coming fast.

Suddenly she felt something soft on her back and her rise with the sound of flapping.  

"What were you thinking?" A gruff voice asked her, but black out before she could answer.

                                                                               ~*~

They had returned to the hideout with an unconscious Miyaka in Kakuzu's arms.  He laid her on his bed gently and looked at how beat up she looked.  Her clothes had been torn and ripped everywhere exposing too much so he had put his cloak over her before they had returned to the others once he had caught her.

She now had bruises that were appearing along her arms that he had noticed earlier.  Her face had brown and purple ones in different spots, but the one that stood out the most was the one on the side of her cheek, it was black and had different hand marks in that looked like the abuser tried to hit the same spot more than once.

It bothered Kakuzu that he was unable to stop this from happening.

Every time he has been around her, she has been the one to fight the most and he looked like a helpless person beside her.  He wanted to show her that he was stronger than he has been showing her lately.

He sat on the side of the bed and cupped her badly bruised cheek, making her whimper painfully.  He withdrew his hand not wanting to cause her any more pain that she was already in.

"You care for her a lot don't you, Kakuzu?"

He whipped his head towards the voice.  Emi was standing in the doorway to his room, she had her arms crossed along with her legs, and leaning her weight against the door frame.

He didn't answer her, but his eyes told her the answer.  He didn't think that he would ever care for someone like this in his lifetime, like the way he cared for her.

"Just don't hurt her.  I have been with Sensei for years and people that get close always find a way to hurt her one way or the other."

Now that he looked closely at Emi he could see the resemblance from Kantou.  

One the way back she had explained that Kantou was her uncle.  And he didn't care for, or about her so Miyaka took her under her wing as a student and taught her everything she knows.

Now they just had to wait until she wakes up to make the next move . . .