Chapter 22

Chapter 22

The Akatsuki were sill in a defensive position around Emi, while she was getting ready to stop Miyaka from going haywire.  She was sitting in the middle of them, in a meditating position and she had an orange glow radiating off of her body.

Leader looked closely at Miyaka's eyes and he could see that she was fighting something within her. Her hand would twitch every so often and her face would wince.

"Itachi, can you see into her mind?" He asked not taking his eyes off her in case she goes to attack.

"I already did and something is blocking me from entering, but she seems to be fighting something within herself."

Leader narrowed his eyes at her, then looked at Hidan over near the trees that were chopped down. He wondered how she was able to get him like that in such a short time.  He was one of the members that were hard to get a hit on, but there he was beaten and battered, or shredded in his case.

Hidan may be very annoying at times but, he was one of the better fighters right next to Kakuzu being immortal.  The two of them had their own way of staying immortal: Kakuzu taking the heart of other living ninjas that he fights against, which prolongs his life.  And Hidan prays to his 'God' if that's even the reason that he is unable to die.  

His gaze flicked over to where Miyaka was standing her gaze was focused on Hidan but her eyes were glazed over slightly.  Her fingers suddenly twitched and her mouth went into a nasty scowl, along with a low growl that sounded like an animal.

Hidan stood up with some trouble and held onto his black stake since his scythe was behind Miyaka. He could see Hidan was slightly worried at the situation he was in.  Hidan was actually worried?  If that was the case then he knew what kind of power that this girl possesses.

He looked over at Kakuzuz giving him a silent order which he nodded in response.  Leader made his way over to where Hidan was standing, walked up on the far side of him and stuck his arm towards him.  

Hidan gave him a questioning glance and raised his eyebrow, "what are yo-"

"Almighty Push!"

Leader had thrown him over where Kakuzu was standing.  He heard a small annoyed growl from where Miyaka was standing.  He turned so he was facing her and her gaze was watching him but her attention was focused on Hidan.  

Hidan was watching her closely from where he was sitting on the ground while Kakuzu stitched him back up.

She looked at him, bared her teeth at him and launched at him at full speed.

"Almighty Push!"

She flew back in the air heading towards a tree.  She righted herself before her back hit it and her feet landed on the trunk.  Then something surprised him, the tree bent backward, ready to launch.  But when she flew she wasn't headed for him but for Hidan and Kakuzu.

A giant wave of water knocked her out of the air and she tumbled along the now soaked ground.  A shadow was seen above her, as white fast birds flew right in front of her face.  

"Katsu!"

A small explosion was seen where she was crouched on the ground.  All of the members' eyes were somewhat in shock that Deidara had actually done that, and at such close range.

"Relax.  I didn't put that much power into it."  He landed beside Sasori who was now glaring at him.

Something flew out of the smoke and toward Deidara.  He had ducked just in time as a spear of rock flew over his head and lodged into the side of the hideout.