Chapter 2

Disclaimer I do not own Naruto

______________________________________________

Chapter 2

"I see, so most likely it's the temple that is giving them the power?" Kakuzu was in Leader's office telling him how everything went. Leaving out the part about the bounty getting stolen of course. He didn't need him getting angry at him for ignoring the mission he was supposed to do, and going after a bounty; and it getting stolen. Then being reminded that he's an Akatsuki member, letting something gets stolen was unacceptable.

"That's right, the temple is in-between three smaller villages that act as one. Supposedly the temple gives power to those who are worthy. That's what I've heard anyway." Leader sighed at this information, even though it was probably just a rumor it was a start.  He was going to have to send someone to investigate, but all of the members just got back from missions and needed a day or so off. "OK, thanks, Kakuzu, I'll send some of the subordinates to check it out. I'll contact you when I hear back from them." Kakuzu nodded when he had the signal to leave.

Once leaving Leaders office he walked down into the kitchen. Hidan came in after him. "Hey, I just realized you didn't tell me what happened to the bounty. You didn't come back with a briefcase or a body for that matter." Kakuzu's mood just changed because of Hidan reminding him of the bounty that he was too slow to get, and instead, someone else had gotten it.

But why did Shadow appear now of all times? He's been in hiding for three years, ever since the bounty on his head became the highest in every bounty book, so bounty hunters were all trying to find him, so he had disappeared.

"Don't worry about it Hidan, it doesn't concern you."  Hidan narrowed his eyes at Kakuzuz's sulky tone. He watched as he walked into the living room. Hidan had an enormous grin on his face.

Once Kakuzu had walked into the living room where most of the members were, he heard hysterical laughter coming from the kitchen. He closed his eyes in frustration when he knew that Hidan had figured it out, now he was most likely going to yell it out loud so everyone knows.

What Kakuzu just thought was confirmed when Hidan said while laughing, "Are you kidding?!" Everyone looked up from what they were doing.  Kisame was watching t.v with Deidara, Itachi was reading a book in the corner of the room but didn't look up at the sound of Hidan's annoying voice. Sasori was working on a puppet on the floor.

"What are you laughing at, un?" Deidara asked annoyed because he couldn't hear the t.v. "That's fucking rich! Your bounty got away from you?" Kakuzu turned his head to look over his shoulder, "He didn't get away you idiot, someone else got to him first. He was already dead when I got there!" his voice was raised at the end of the sentence. "So it was stolen from you? That's even worse!" his laughter could be heard in the land of lightning it was so loud. "It wasn't stolen you fool. Besides it was taken by someone that goes by the name Shadow."  After he had finished he left the room, not wanting to hear any more of Hidan's nonsense and him harassing him with questions.

                                                                        ~*~

Kakuzu decided to go out and do a couple bounty hunts while he was waiting for Leader to get back to him about the Temple. He told the members that they could do what they wanted to do in their spare time until they received a mission. So he was heading out to do the one's that were nearby.

So heading out into the woods, he leaped through the trees in the direction of one that was supposed be nearby according to his informant.

Once he had reached the spot he was supposed to show up he stopped crouched down on one of the branches, hidden but able to see the small path beside the forest.