Chapter 27

Holy shit! I can't believe that I'm on chapter 27 already. I didn't think this story would do this well, honestly.  5.2K reads is better than I imagined.   :)

AAAnnyway . . .

_______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 27

Miyaka looked at the two creatures that were staring back at her.  She was the only one that could possible get past them, but the problem was that Kakuzu was at the exit to the room, and Itachi was still behind her at the entrance.

She turned her head and looked at Itachi.  It was starting to darken in the room so all she could see clearly was his red eyes.  

"Miyaka, in front of you!"

She whipped her head around and one of the creatures was about to slash her face with its claws.  Using her powers, she teleported to a platform behind her, putting a safer distance between them.

"Thanks, Itachi!" She called back to him.

She was now just a platform away from Itachi.  She slightly turned her head but not so much so she could keep the creatures in the corner of her eyes in case they attacked.

"Can you keep an eye out for me?  Just in case.  I didn't even sense it when it attacked."  She asked him.

He nodded in agreement.  And she turned her head facing forwards again.

She then noticed something odd about them.  Yes, they were watching her carefully, but the one that had attacked her was floating in mid-air, and the other one was starting to rise following suit.

'Well, that's just great.  They can float in mid-air, and most likely fly too.'

Her suspicions were correct when both flew at high speed towards her.  She crouched down on the balls of her feet.  When they got close, she put chakra into her feet and jumped over them teleporting herself to the other end of the room where Kakuzu was waiting.

He jumped back a bit when she suddenly appeared beside him.  "Miyaka, where did you go?  You suddenly disappeared."  His voice held concern in it.

She looked at him from beside her, "sorry, I was suddenly attacked by a strange creature."

He looked confused, "creature?"

"Yes.  This temple seems to have guardians.  And we can't go on unless they are gone."

Kakuzu looked the stone wall behind them. He thought for a minute, then turned back.

"Do you think we have to beat them to be able to advance?" He asked her.

"Yea, probably, not only that but I think there's going to be different challenges as we advance farther in it."

She let out a puff of air.  She could slightly see Itachi's red eyes.

One of the creatures was flying at full speed towards them.  She cursed under her breath.

"You are starting to sound like Hidan."  He said annoyed.

"Oh, shut it, Kakuzu."  She glared at him. 

She was on the balls of her feet, then was suddenly picked up and thrown over it.  She skidded to a halt on a platform, and almost lost her balance going over the edge.  She paled, however, she could have teleported somewhere else if it came to it.

She glared back at Kakuzu, "what the hell!  What was that for you jackass?!"

Then a black blur was being pushed past her.  She looked where it was headed and it had collided with the wall.  Kakuzu's threads were attached to it, holding it in place.

She took advantage of that and forced her powers into her body, and released bright purple beams out of her body that hit it perfectly.

A strange scream came from it.  

She cringed slightly, as the smoke cleared.  Its skin was peeling off and the muscles underneath were disintegrating.

The thing was dying painfully.

A shriek was heard from behind her and she turned around to be met with the other one biting down on her arm causing blood to run down her arm.  It whipped her around like a toy, and threw her in the air.  She let out a sharp yelp. Again, she didn't even sense it coming at her.  She was a high-level ninja, so someone or something coming at her she should be able to sense with no problem.  It appeared above her again, and her eyes widened.  It went to bite her face with its razor-sharp teeth, but she put up her barrier around her like a huge bubble surrounding her making it bite that instead.

It kept chomping at it trying to break through.  Its teeth had started to glow and it took a hard chomp at the barrier again making it pop.

'What?!  How the hell did it do that?!!'   panic started to set in her mind.  

If her powers were unless against the creature, then it was going to be very difficult to beat it.  She teleported on a platform.  Looking at the wall where the other had been, she gained some of her confidence back.  It was possible to kill it, she had done it to the other one.

She looked up at the one floating in the air glaring at her with hate.  It had become rabid since she had disposed of the other.  

Suddenly her vision started to swerve and spin, making her go down on her hands and knees.  She saw drops of sweat landing on the platform beneath her.  She had teleported too many times for her body to take, and now the after-effects were starting to kick in.

She slowly stood up with some difficulty and looked ahead of her to see two red dots spinning in her vision.  Trying to blink the blurriness away, she scanned the room for her enemy.

Something hit her in the gut hard making her cough up blood and she flew backward at high speed. Black dots danced in her vision as she started to black out. 

'Damn it, I don't have enough energy to beat him.  I used the teleportation too many times.'

The wind that was rushing by her had suddenly changed direction.  Then she hit a wall.  Then it moved which made her force her eyes open and look up.  It wasn't a wall, but Kakuzu's chest which she was pressed against with his arm around her protectively.

She slumped against his body unconscious, with his arm holding her up.

'It's up to you two now.'

_______________________________________________________________________________

I hope that wasn't two bad.  

vote rate comment please :)