Chapter 10

Disclaimer I do not own Naruto
___________________________________________

Chapter 10

Miyaka's body hurt all over, but her head hurt the most because of being hit and the constant pounding in her skull. Slowly opening her eyes, she regretted doing so as the pounding got five times worse making her wince in pain. She was sitting against a wall in the dark room with the only source of light was the line forming underneath the door. She felt metal on her skin so she looked down to see her wrists and ankles. They had had shackles around them with a small chain that was bolted to the stone floor.

Obviously, Kantou didn't want her to leave anytime soon if he went through all the trouble to put her in a cell, where only shadows and the small light under the door were visible. He knew that she could escape easily so he had chained her up, probably hoping that it would hold her.

"Kantou you should know that simple chains aren't going to hold me here" she stated to no one other than herself.  Flowing chakra into her legs and arms, she was about to yank the chains out of the floor.  But suddenly a painful shock came from them and into her body making her scream in agony.

"AAAGGGHHHH!" Her head flew back against the stone wall behind her, as her screams left her lips. Once it died down, her screams stopped and she slumped against the wall. Her ragged breath was heard echoing off the walls slightly as she lifted her head up glaring in front of her burning an imaginary hole through the stone wall.

She wasn't expecting the shackles to be chakra infused, let alone Kantou being smart enough to think of putting them on her. Now she really wanted to beat the shit out of him badly. He had been jealous so he had tracked her down and knocked her out just to keep her in a dark cell.

Then she realized something that she should have thought of before.  When she was fighting Kantou why didn't Akuma stop his attacks from hitting her?  Akuma's powers usually protect her on its own accord without her having to do anything, so why didn't it happen? This bothered her a lot. If Akuma decided to not be her main source of power suddenly that could be problematic, especially since she hasn't used Jutsu in a while. Akuma's primary powers that she was able to use were handy and she thought that Akuma would let her use them when she wanted. Also, protect her without her needing to do anything which usually happens like with Doki and his brother.

Miyaka closed her eyes letting her conscious slip.

She opened her eyes again to see the familiar steps and chair at the top with Akuma glaring daggers at her. "Akuma." Getting up from her chair, walking down halfway down the steps and suddenly stopping. "It's time that you fight on your own for a while." "W-what?" Miyaka couldn't believe what she was hearing. Where was this coming from? The two of them were always on good terms so why now of all time when she needed her the most. "I'm tired of being used by you and getting nothing in return" she started "you know what I want, and until I get it I'm not helping you anymore" she finished and walked back up to her chair sitting down.

"Akuma!" Miyaka was now getting frustrated with her. "Why are you doing this all of a sudden?" Akuma didn't answer her, instead, she closed her eyes with a huff. "Akuma!!" Miyaka was about to climb the staircase, but Akuma opened her eyes. "You come up here and you will regret it" Akuma snarled at her. Miyaka stopped, glaring at her about to say something but Akuma's eyes were glowing and a sudden powerful force knocked her back down the stairs.

Suddenly jolting back into reality, and blinking in surprise.  Akuma had thrown her out of her little world forcefully.  It felt like one of those dreams when you're falling and as soon as you hit the ground your suddenly jolted awake.