Home?

~ Chapter 2 ~

 * 1 week later *

 * Eva's P.O.V *

   This is it. They're finally releasing me from the hospital. To be honest with you, I didn't know what I was going to do until the nurse suggested contacting that 'friend' of mine. But I didn't agree to that. It probably wasn't the best thing to do right now, all I want is to go home and find a phone and call up Nathan. Nathaniel Harrison. My friend since forever and if I recall correctly..my boyfriend.

  Luckily, I still remember my quaint apartment next to the asylum which I have lived in since graduating. I had my 'old' clothes on, which I first arrived in and the hospital called me a cab. I told him my address and headed home. 

  I stared out at the streets and tried to focus on everything around me, for a chance to have one of those cliche movie flashback scenes and suddenly remember everything in black and white. As we reached my building I realized I didn't have any money on me. I came clean to the driver and expected him to throw me out but he told me he'll take the money from the hospital and they'll send me a bill with the rest of the hospital bills. Oh right..the bills. 

I just need to get some rest, wake up early and go to work. Hopefully I'll find some answers there. I searched for a key and realized I didn't have it on me. I prayed that the extra one was still behind the plant pot and thankfully I found it. 

I turned the keys and entered my apartment, which was dusty as hell. I opened the windows and coughed at the dust flying out. When was the last time I cleaned?! I looked for my phone but I didn't find it anywhere. I went over to my desk and looked for my laptop. I found it and put the charger in and opened it. I went through my phone's backups and found Nathan's contact ID.

 I tried the number in the land line but it wasn't working. The bill was overdue. This was getting weird. I looked for some pennies and headed out to a public phone booth. I dialed the number and waited and after 5 rings the line picked up.

"Hello?" Nathan's voice came through the phone.

"God..Nathan it's me Eva! I don't know what happened to me, They say I got into a car accident and I haven't driven in years and I can't remember anything from the last year. I also went home but everything is so messy and some of my things are missing and you didn't show up at the hospital! Are you okay?" I breathed

He was silent for a few moments.

"What's your last memory?" He asked.

"Umm I don't know! I guess when we were at that bar at downtown with your friends." I answered.

He went silent again.

"Do you think you can come over sweetie? I really need your help. I don't know anyone else." I asked.

"Erm.. okay, Your apartment?" He cleared his throat.

"Yeah but hurry." I said.

"Okay I'll be there, bye." He said before I hung up.

I headed back inside the building and back to my flat. I tried opening the lights but they wouldn't work. I headed to the storage closet in the kitchen and got my LED battery lamp. I put it on my bed and sat down and rubbed my face. I looked up at myself in the mirror and at how pale and weak I looked. I looked around my room and found my wallet on the dresser. I opened it and found some change and my credit card. I rummaged through the drawers of the dresser but all I found was receipts of clothes and medical supplies.