Hot Dogs and Chess?

~ Chapter 22 ~

After almost an hour of trying to convince Jeremy into letting me take Jack out, he finally agreed. It was like trying to convince a toddler to give up his chocolate bar, God! We spent the first 10 minutes talking about how he's in a good condition now and that some vitamin D is essential for him and that his condition allowed him to be released from the ICU now. After seeing my point he turned the argument towards another point he believed was a good reason to refuse my request, just as he always does. So then we spent a good 15 minutes arguing about how something could trigger his memory and how he could turn violent and be a threat to everyone. He then agreed but only if we took guards I tried to argue the fact that I could handle him by myself and not need chaperons around but I realized I was pushing my luck. Then just as I thought I had convinced him he went back to arguing Jack's health and that it was too soon but I didn't give up. So, we spent the rest of the hour arguing the same points we'd agreed over until I exhausted him. He then rubbed his face and turned around on his leather chair and told me to just go and do whatever. Ah, good old Jeremy. I then smirked and walked out of his office, making my way back to Jack's room. I kinda admit I did miss the constant arguing with Jeremy over almost anything and everything in this asylum.

I knocked on Jack's door before opening it and sliding in. He looked up at me as I entered and I flashed him a smile.

"Hey, guess what! Jeremy agreed! I get to take you out for the day." I said as I made my way towards his bed.

"Eva, is this really a good idea? I mean I don't think-" He started but them I cut him off.

"Yeah don't worry about it! I fully convinced him and everything is fine. You won't be getting into any trouble with anyone." I said.

"No, that's not what I meant. I mean I think it's best if I stay here I mean what if-" I cut him off again.

"Trust me it's gonna be alright, I planned everything. Jeremy is going to send some guards with us but I'll make sure they give us some space. If you get tired we could always leave early-" I rambled on but he sighed and cut me off.

"No, Eva. That's not my point. I don't want to go." He said a little louder than his usual tone and I was taken a bit back. He then sighed and looked back at me.

"No, I mean it's not that I don't want to go out, it's just that I don't want to go out like this..looking like this. What would people think?! What's this freak doing out in the open?! I don't think I'm ready to deal with that sorta thing just yet.." He explained and my expression softened.

I stepped closer to him and took my usual seat at the foot of his bed.

"You think I forgot about this?" I said softly before giving him a smile.

"You never were ready to deal with this sorta thing so, that's why I have just the thing you used before going out to the public eye. " I spoke before going through my bag and pulling out a bottle of foundation.

"So, you're saying this is what I used to.."

"Cover up, yes." I finished his sentence for him.

"Are you sure this will work?" He asks.

"I'll tell you what if after I'm done with you, you still find them visible I'll cancel the whole thing. Okay?" I asked him and he agreed.

I looked around for something that I can use to apply the foundation on him but I only found cotton pads and those are definitely useless. I then turned to him as he was watching me raid the room for something that I could actually use.