Patient 0801

~ Chapter 4 ~

* Eva's P.O.V *

  For the past two days everything has been grand. I'm back at my job with my lover by my side. I still can't remember a single thing from my past year, but i'm trying to accept the fact that I might not ever remember it.

It's really hard to not remember a whole year. I mean I just can't help but think about all the choices I made ,and all the memories whether good or bad. All just..gone. I took a deep breath and continued adjusting my makeup.

 I have had some really vague dreams though but I can't tell if they're memories or just gibberish fantasies. I always wake up not remembering most of it and then the dream slowly slips away as the day goes on. I closed my makeup bag and headed outside to Nathan's car.

 We were on our way to work but we were running a little late. I fastened my seat belt and gave Nathan a kiss on the cheek, which was returned by his trademark small grin. 15 minutes later we stepped out and into the asylum. The ride from my apartment was way shorter than this but hey, I'm not complaining. 

 By the time we reached the office rooms, everyone was standing. I looked around at the strange looks on people's faces.  At the edge of the room I saw Adrian, the head of the IT section standing with Michael.  

"What's going on?" Nathan asked before I could.

"He's back." Michael said with a worried look in his eyes.

"Don't worry it won't be long till he's out again, then we'll all go back to being peacefully boring." Adrian replied.

"Excuse me." He added brushing past us.

Who could they be talking about?! What criminal could they possibly be fearing this much?! What if it's- No it can't be he was never once here in my working time. He can't be 'back'. I headed over to my desk and hanged my bag at the back of my chair, before taking a seat. Just as I began to check my schedule, the announcement speakers squeaked. 

"Good evening dear doctors and nurses. I hope you've all been informed that patient 0801 is back and currently in the study cells. So, there will be a shift in schedules. Just know that you will all be faxed your new working schedules by tonight if it affects it. That's all. Thank you." Jeremiah's voice boomed from the old buzzing speakers.

I sighed and carried my notepad to my session with Killer Croc. This was going to be a difficult day. After filtering through cells and almost smashing all of Jervis Tetch's teacups I finally met up with Nathan and we headed home. I changed into my pjs and headed to get some water from the kitchen. Nothing was to come between me and sleep now. As I walked by the office room I heard the fax machine beeping. 

I grunted and headed towards the machine, flipping the lights on. I started tugging at the papers gently as they came out, not caring if I smudged any words but the papers just wouldn't stop. 16 ..17...18..19..Beep beep. I counted as the machine came to a stop. 

I looked down at the first paper which was my schedule and saw that I was no longer treating mad hatter. Thank god! My eyes scanned towards the end of the page and I recognized a different code. Patient 0801-   5:20 Mondays. 2:30 Tuesdays, 4:00 Wednesdays and Thursdays. I looked at the next page which I guessed was information about the patient as I started reading.

Arkham Inmate/Cell ID number:  0801.

Real Name: Unknown

Height: 6ft 5in

Weight: 192 pounds

Eye colour: Green

Hair colour: Green

Powers: None

(Suggested) Aliases: Joseph (Joe) Kerr, Jack White, The Domino Killer, Mr. Rekoj, Jack Napier.

Any Other Names: Clown Prince of Crime, Crime Jester, Crime Clown, Ace of Knaves, Funny Man of Felony, Tycoon of Teasing Terror.

Current Name: The Joker.

As I continued to read my eyes widened in horror. I frantically flicked through the rest of the pages, but I found nothing. All the other pages were just his crimes and diagnosis of illnesses other doctors predicted he has. There must be some mistake I can't possibly deal with him, especially since he knows me!

I suddenly felt more awake and anxious. Looks like I won't be sleeping tonight. I gathered the papers and stuffed them in my brief case and walked back to the room.

"What's wrong dear?" Nathan spoke eyeing my fumbling fingers.

"Nothing, I just got faxed the new work schedule and uh.. I'm not working on Jervis anymore." I said quietly.

"That's good, you always complained about him being a pain in the ass." He smiled.

"Yeah umm.. I got another patient though..0801.." I almost whispered his ID number.

I saw Nathan's expressions change before he got off the bed and walked up to me. He took my hands in his and looked at me.

"Joker? Wow..Are you okay? You need to be careful with him..he's a handful." He spoke and I nodded.

"Yeah I know..I don't know what to do about that, I'm so scared." I said.

"Oh don't worry, just be careful with him and don't believe anything he says. You know how he is with his mind games and deception. " He embraced me.

"Besides not everyone is lucky enough to be a doctor at Arkham, some of us are just always behind the computer screen." He smiled but I could see the jealousy in his eyes.

"Sometimes I wish, I only worked behind a computer screen." I replied trying to ease his inner turmoil before it spreads.

I later fell asleep in Nathan's arms but I didn't feel safe. My mind kept tossing around as vague images haunted me in my sleep. I even woke up a few times to catch my breath. I don't know what was making me so anxious and sadly I couldn't make out anything in my dreams.

I woke up to my alarm clock later. Not that I slept or anything. I threw on a pencil skirt and a satin white shirt and began to work on my makeup. After a few moments I came to an agreement with my look and left. We didn't speak for the whole ride to the asylum or even as we left the car.  Nathan just gave me a quick kiss and left. 

When I reached my desk, I checked my schedule and it was Tuesday. Which meant that The Joker was my first session of the day. I got some of my paper work ready and mentally started preparing for what I could possibly say to him. I would ask him how he knew me and what was behind all the things  he said when I met him but today's session was being recorded because it was the first. And I guess the asylum wants to know if he's chosen a new fake alias or not.

My thoughts came to an end after I checked my watch.  It read 2:35. Crap. I grabbed my notepad and headed to the cells. I speed walked through the hallways until I reached his cell. I looked at the guard and he nodded at me with  look of sympathy in his eyes. I gulped as I looked into the cell through the window. 

Just as I turned to the window he looked up and caught me in an eye contact. He held my stare for a few minutes before smirking and slowly nodding at me to enter.

---------------------------------------

HI GUYS!

Okay, so another update!

Hope you guys like this one!

Things are about to get exciting at Arkham, hope you're all ready ;)

Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!

Hope you're all having a great day!

Much Love xxx