I Know You

~ Chapter 7 ~

  I've been staring at him for about 3 minutes now. I cleared my throat as his I sensed his inner fire dying down. He rested his forearms on the table and I moved a bit forward. I looked at him, inspecting his expression his eyes were switching between looking at the ground next to me, and to his fidgeting fingers on the table.

" Uhm, but I uh heard other stories.." I spoke softly.

He slowly turned and looked back at me.

"  You know the ones with you scarring batman's girlfriend, so he took his revenge, or you wanting to be the opposite of batman. You know since he's dark and serious." I trailed on.

In a split second his eyes regained their spark and he looked 'Joker' again.

" Could be. How am I supposed to know?!" He said leaning forward and chuckling at me.

"Bu-but it's your story, I don't understand.." I rambled on taken back by his sudden answer.

"Oh sweetheart, you think I remember?! That was just what I remembered at the moment.." He said leaning back to his chair.

" What? How? What exactly do you not or do remember?! What did your wife and kids look like? You've got to recognize them if they're the reason for your..change." I said searching for the right words.

" But I don't! It's not like it's a vivid memory or anything. It's just some pictures and feelings I feel towards the people within them..I've seen multiple faces for this 'wife', just as much as I've seen multiple faces for everything else I remember." He explained.

I looked at him and his gaze diverted to the glass on the door behind me. I almost thought he was losing focus, until he smiled then raised his bound hands and held up two fingers to his head, saluting someone at the door. I turned around to see who he was waving at and saw a very frustrated looking guard.

" You see that fellow over there with the fumes about to go off from his ears? That's Simon." He said still locking eyes with the guard.

" I think he's still angry after I killed his little friend..little Maxie..What was his name again?" He rambled on, thinking to himself.

I looked at him, and my eyes grew wide.

" Cassidy.." I whispered to myself.

" Maxwell Cassidy." I said more audibly now, looking him straight in the eye as he turned to me.

" You stabbed Maxwell Cassidy.." I repeated.

" Ah yes! Him! He was a pain in the ass..Wait.. How do you remember that?!" He turned to me again.

I looked down at the table and tried to focus, I closed my eyes and saw Joker being dragged by men and then turning and winking at me. I pushed my memory trying to remember more but I couldn't remember anything after Gordon informing me of Maxwell's injury. I opened my eyes and Joker's hands were hovering above mine. I looked up at him and yanked my hands before he could touch me.

" You remembered something didn't you..What did you remember?!" He question me frantically.

I didn't reply instead I looked around, with a million thoughts storming my head.

" Eva! Look at me. What did you remember?!" He urged.

I turned to him and he searched my eyes.

" You know me..How?" I asked.

" Just tell me what you remembered.." He insisted.

" No, I just remembered you killed him. Now tell me how you know me." I said sternly.

" Let's just say we were uh..close..I'll leave it at that." He said giving in a little bit.

I thought about what he said then Nathan's words came into my mind. I was warned against this guy. Why am I believing his words.. He's probably just playing with me..

" Eva.." He spoke bringing his hands near me again.

" No.. No! There is no way in hell that I was close to someone like you!" I shouted pulling away.

" You're a psychopath who kills because he feels like it! You're..you're a monster!! You killed Maxwell and many others! Why should I believe anything you say?! You probably planned this didn't you?! Being here wasn't part of your plan but you had one to get out! Or..or maybe you just wanted another sidekick to blame! You thought I'd be you're next Harley didn't you?! You knew I was one of the only female psychiatrists here!!" I yelled, a billion of thoughts rushing to get out of my mouth.

 I didn't feel most of the things I was saying, but they were just flowing out.. It didn't feel like any of them.. It felt like I was thinking out loud..but non of them were my thoughts.. I stared at the wall behind him and found out I was now standing. I took a few deep breaths and closed my eyes. I've never lashed out at a patient before..never in my time here.  Not even the ones I've passionately hated..

I wanted to apologize, for the words that burst out of me. I've said the most hurtful words..If anything you never call someone as broken as him a monster or even a psychopath. It might be known by everyone but you can't say that to their face.. It will have a bad turn on their 'mental health'. I wanted to tell him I didn't mean those words but my mind was plagued by the thoughts of him being a murderer. The warnings everyone had told me about him were now being shouted in my head. They built up my ego from trying to fix what I had just done. My head was spinning and it seemed like I was the one who needed psychiatry.

I looked at him and he was staring at me. Straight faced. His eyes boring into mine and grilling my soul. H didn't look murderous nor hurt either. He looked as if he's just been hit on the head with a brick wall..He still couldn't process my little outburst, or the words I threw at him. Or maybe he did and didn't care. Either way I had to get out of there before it ended worse that it already was. The room was getting stuffy and I felt like I was going to suffocate. Neither of us blinked. I tried to hold his gaze with soft eyes but the guilt was glistening on me. 

He looked as if he was waiting for me to throw more words at him. I tried to find my voice but I was frozen where I stood. I lowered my gaze and gathered my things, trying not to let my trembling fingers give me away. I held my things and pushed my chair in.

" Session's over.." I croaked out quietly before moving to the door and knocking on the small window for the guard to open it.

--------------------------------------------------------

SOOOOO!

Another update!

What do you guys think?!

What's making Eva so cold?!

When will she stop being so confused?!

Do you think this will put a dent in their relationship?!

How will Jack react?!

Don't forget to comment and vote!

I hope you're all having a great day !

Much love xxx