Therapy Begins

~ Chapter 5  ~

  I diverted my stare off the window and cleared my throat. The guard took that as a signal of me being ready and unlocked the door, walking in before me. He walked over to The Joker who looked up at him in disgust before he undid his straight jacket. He then took out some cuffs and cuffed Joker's hands. After he finished he turned to me.

"Thank you." I said softly as he nodded and left the room.

I took a seat as he closed the door. I put my stuff on the side of the desk, neatly in a pile, before grabbing my notebook and pen. I opened it up and started writing the date not daring to look up, as I felt The Joker's eyes on my the whole time. I took a deep breath and looked up, ready to face him.

"Good evening Joker, I'm Dr. Evangeline Striker. " I said maintaining a smile.

I looked at him as he was hunched over in his orange jumpsuit.

"Let's chat a little bit first, how are you feeling today?" I asked racking my brain for questions.

He stared at me for a few seconds before his lips curved into a smirk.

"I'm fine, Eva." He spoke.

"Please, address me as Dr. Striker." I said softly.

"Fine, then you'll have to address me as Mr. J." He said craning his neck at me as he looked up from the table.

"I'll just ask a few questions then they'll bring in some of the health check up equipment here, because they don't trust moving you outside." I stated ignoring his remark.

"Yeah, they don't trust me moving at all." He said trying to turn his hands to scratch under one of the handcuffs.

"If you behave, I can get you out of those." I offered.

" I won't make a promise I can't keep." He winked at me.

"Let's get through some of the basic questions." I ignored him again.

"What's your real name?" I asked.

"What? And ruin the mystery and curiosity on everyone? No. Why would I suddenly reveal that now?" He spoke.

"Why do you think you're here?" I began asking the next question.

"Oh that's easy. You really think you guys could keep me here if it was against my will? No..no." He shook his head leaning back in his chair.

"Then why are you here?" I questioned him.

"I'm here because I want to be here." He said flatly yet slow enough to intimidate me.

"Alright enough of this.. You're here because you want something, so I'm asking you again Joker, What's your plan? What do you want?" I insisted.

"Why do I have to want something? Haven't you thought that maybe there is no plan? Maybe I like it here, you know? Free food and a place to stay when the cold winds blow? Lovely company.." He almost whispered towards the end, leaning forward and I found myself looking into his eyes then something snapped.

"Stay in your seat, Joker." I said coldly.

He kept staring at me as he glided back until he touched the back of his seat.

We were then interrupted by the squeaking of the door locks before it opened. Two of the interns came in, one pushing the tests station and the other pushing the patient strap chair. They put them against the wall at the side of the room before rushing out. The guard then entered and grabbed Joker seating him on the chair, before strapping him to it. The Joker started grunting as the guard left the room.

I then grabbed my pen and his health document and walked towards the station. I looked up at Joker and he scanned my body upwards. I opened one of the mini cabinets and took out a syringe. I put on my gloved and opened it, attaching the needle. I got some alcoholic wipes and turned to Joker.

"This might hurt you for a second." I admit, not remembering how light my hand was with the needle.

I rubbed the inside of his elbow before entering the needle and pulling out blood. I finished taking his blood sample and his eyes didn't once leave me. I split it into the glass vials of the sample analyzer machine and turned it on. I then unwrapped a plaster and put it on his arm.

Then I grabbed the sphygmomanometer and wrapped it around is other arm before grabbing my stethoscopes and sliding it under the wrap. I put the other end in my ears and grabbed the pump. I began pumping the sphygmomanometer and looked up feeling his breath on the top of my head, only to notice how close we were. His face was inches away from mine. I tried to focus on his heartbeat and on the clock but he was staring straight into my eyes. Almost like he could see right through me.

 His looked familiar though , like I've seen them before. Stared into them. They were drawing me in and I felt like I was falling into a trance. I then cleared my head as something snapped and the way I looked at him changed. What was I doing? This is a murderer and a terrorist, and here I am thinking about his eyes.  

I stared at him coldly before bringing my finger tips up to the front of his shoulder blade and pushed him back slightly in his chair. I took the device out of my ears and unwrapped his arm. I put it back in the box not caring what his blood pressure was. It probably wasn't high anyways and there's no way it could be low with the medicines they supply him to keep him calm.

I turned to his report and faked a measurement. I wrote down the rest of the information and left the blood statistics blank, before signing the report. I gathered the papers and went back to the desk and put them with my stuff. I headed back to the station and grabbed his blood samples and labeled them before putting them into a case and taking them with me.

With every move I made I could still feel his eyes on me. Whenever I looked at him I got this weird feeling that I couldn't describe. But it took up all my insides, it was suffocating me and I couldn't understand it. 

" I'm glad the accident didn't affect your doctor skills, Striker." Joker spoke and I stopped midway to the interrogation desk. I then put the samples case in my bag and grabbed my things and headed for the door.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Doc." He yelled after me 

"Good day, Joker." I almost whispered as I rushed out the door.

I made my way past the guard and turned at the first hallway, pressing against the wall to catch my breath.

--------------------------------------------

Heyy Guysss!!!

Sorry for the long wait but here it is, another update!!!

I will be posting about 1-2 updates tomorrow, hopefully 3.

Depends on when I'm back.

It's currently 3AM and my mind is blank and my sight is blurry and this is all probably getting edited later :P

I apologize if there are any mistakes..

On the other hand, this was kind of a filler chapter, but things will be getting more exciting!

I hope you guys enjoyed this one!

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote!

Thank you guys! and hope you're all having a great day! (since it's 3am here)

Much Love xxx