Settling Back

~ Chapter 12 ~

* Eva's P.O.V *

"Angel.." Jack whispered as he appeared through the door.

Hearing that name come from his lips again only made my smile deepen. I contemplated whether or not I should run to his arms as I stood frozen in my spot. He stared at my expression before changing his own, giving me a soft smile.

"I uh s-so you remember huh?" He spoke as his feet shifted to take a step forward before they hesitantly returned to their place. I gave him a soft nod and he took two slow steps forward, towering a bit over me.

"I uh..I missed you angel." He spoke as he took me into his arms in a light hug. He rested his chin on my head and I wrapped my arms around him hugging him back. I heard him inhale sharply before his grip on my tightened, but I didn't mind.

"I missed you too" I whispered into his chest, finding my voice.

After a few seconds he awkwardly let go of me and dragged his foot an inch back. He studied my face again, boring into my eyes. He then cleared his throat quietly and looked down at his palms.

"I'm uh..you should..I'll leave you to rest, your clothes are still in place if you wanna clean up." He spoke and I nodded again. He then walked around me and to his room. I clenched my fists, gathering my voice and called after him.

"Jack.." It came out softer and quieter than I imagined it to be.

He stopped in his track and turned around again, almost instantly.

"Mhm?" 

I walked towards him, picking up my pace and reaching where he stood.

"I missed you." I whispered before wrapping my arms strongly around him. I felt my eyes water as my brain rummaged through all of the feelings I felt for him at that moment, and picked those belittling three simple words.

He let out a breath he must'v been subconsciously holding and took me into his arms. His palms rubbed my back as a tear ran down my cheek.

"I've missed you more, Angel." He whispered through my hair.

After a few moments of standing there, Jack guided me to the couch and sat me down. 

"You need to rest doll." He said before sitting down next to me.

I looked at him for a while before giggling a bit. His expression changed to one of pure confusion and I laughed a bit more.

"I can literally see the amount of question you want to ask me right now." I explained.

"No there's no rush you need to rest. You need your rest." He repeated and I could still see the confusion and curiosity bubbling within him.

* Joker's P.O.V *

We stayed on the couch for about.. I don't know 4 minutes? 5? Then she went to shower and I headed to my office. I still can't wrap my head around the idea of her being here. Scratch that! Remembering in general! It all happened so fast and I wasn't even there. 

I wonder what it was like..Hell! How did it happen in the first place?! I bet it had something to do with that bastard! That little fucker grinds my gears! But believe me when I tell you this: His death will not be a pleasant one. Oh and I'm pretty sure it won't be on the 'died of natural causes' section either. 

* Eva's P.O.V *

I wrapped my hair in a towel and headed out of the bathroom and to my old room. Jack wasn't in the living room and I was hoping he'd be in his office and not out and about. They're probably still looking for him. I closed the door behind me and looked around for the hair brush, before remembering it's place in one of the dresser's drawers. I sat down and looked at my reflection. I touched the swollen part at the back of my head, where the ceramic had hit. I shivered at the throbbing pain it caused and let go.