Test Results

~ Chapter 32 ~

  I was sitting in my room trying to calm myself down and trying to exclude all the horrible scenarios playing out in my head, until I see an actual test result. It had been 2 hours since I had sent the goons out and I don't know what's taking those brutes so fucking long. It isn't rocket science. All they have to do is grab the equipment I asked for, how hard could that be?!

A soft knock on my half closed door then pulled me out of my thoughts. Jack's figure then appeared as he gently pushed the door opened with the palms of his fingers. I looked up at him and he opened his mouth to say something as he pointed with his thumb over his shoulder. I got what he was trying to say as I got up and rushed past him out the door frame and down the stairs, leaving him standing there before he could begin his sentence. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I turned around and saw the equipment I asked for laid out on the kitchen island.

I walked over to it and looked back waiting for a taken back Jack that was slowly following behind. He then made his way over and sat on the bar like chair next to the island. After that I turned my attention to the equipment as I picked up the syringe and opened it's packet. After that I began to attach the needle as Jack sat quietly next to me, watching my every move. It's at times like these where I would pay anything and everything to just have a hint at what could be going on inside his head. I put down the syringe on it's packet and went to grab a little bottle of perfume I had kept in my purse and something to pressure his vein with. 

As I came back, Jack's eyes were still following me. I then grabbed some tissue and sprayed them with my perfume a few times before turning my body towards Jack. Afterwards, I grabbed his left arm which was nearest to me and began to wipe the inside of his elbow with the perfume. As I pulled the tissue away I found more spots like the ones that filled his upper torso and the tissue was again filled with foundation. I stared at it for a few seconds feeling my heart sink and eyes water as Jack tensed up before I scoffed. It had even spread down to his arms. I grimaced at the thought. Was he covering his entire body?! I grabbed the belt I had gotten from our room and tightened it above the spot I cleansed. Afterwards I grabbed the syringe and started taking a sample of his blood as he stayed still. When I was done contracting the amount I needed, I started emptying it in the test tube and left a bit for the microscope slide. I realised that his blood was a lot darker than normal, probably because of the Titan. I then fitted the test tube in the analyser before turning my attention to the microscope slide.

"You can go now." I swallowed the bitterness in my tone as I leaned over the microscope. 

However, Jack stayed in his place, blinking at my words, not seeming to comprehend the fact that they were directed at him.

"I'll call you over once I'm done." I said before placing my eyes on the eyes lens.

At first I wasn't watching his cells because I was focusing on his presence around me and whether or not he was going to get up. He had stayed for a few seconds before I heard him get off the chair and go up the stairs. After I heard the door of our room close, I let out a breath that was weighing my chest down. After that I turned my attention towards his cells as I adjusted the focus knobs and zoomed in the nose. I watched as I recognised the white blood cells or lack there of. There was a drug cell like agent which I guessed was the Titan which was slowly moving towards the few white blood cells. After that I watched as it closed in on them, shrivelled them off, and killed the cells. I suddenly felt my heart racing as I waited for the blood analyser to finish spinning. 

I tried to calm myself down but my heart was pound and sweat was forming on my forehead. I felt like something was pulling my lungs down. The sound of the blood analyser spinning the test tube made my heart beat faster and faster. The rest of the hour went by as torture as I finally went over to turn off the analyser and check the results. After examining them for a while I felt light headed, like all the blood had left my head and everything was a blur. I called Jack from downstairs and he appeared shortly afterwards and stood right in front of me.