Glass Slides and Love Bugs

~ Chapter 8 ~

  It's been 5 days since my..harsh..session with the Joker. Those 5 days included 2 lovely sessions with him. Today was Monday, which meant another session where he surprises me with how many different ways he could hurt/threaten/kill me. Yeah..he didn't really take my little outburst really well. 

Today they were allowing the session to be held in the confined interrogation cell instead of the normal session cells. Something about threatening the guard and renovating the glass since he almost broke through. I was getting ready since he was the first session today..well the only session. Nathan walked into the room as I was putting on my heels and smiled at me.

"Someone looks pretty today.." He said snaking his arms around my waist as I stood up.

"Hmh..? Uh yeah..thank you." I mumbled awkwardly.

"So, yesterday..I was talking to Arkham.." He started.

"Yeah?" I raised an eyebrow at him.

"And..We're having dinner with him and Pierce tonight!" He continued.

"Pierce?" I asked not understanding where this was going.

"Yeah, Graham Pierce..The IT manager! My head of department.." He explained.

"I was hoping you could leave early and get ready..And maybe throw in a few good words about me in front of them..You know..So maybe I could finally join the doctors' side yeah?" He spoke and I awkwardly nodded at him.

"Alright great, I'll pick you up at 3:30. That's when your session ends right?" He asked.

"Yup..I'm gonna be at building C today though..study cell." I explained.

"Okay perfect then." He said before leaving the room.

I put on my robe and grabbed my things before following behind Nathan. We made it to the asylum just a few minutes early, which gave me the perfect amount of time to pick up my papers from my desk. I gathered my things and made my way to building C. I slid my ID card and the hallway's metal doors slid open. 

I opened the first door, entering the monitor section outside of the room. I looked at the screen and saw the guard in the Joker's section behind the glass. Joker was getting cuffed by the guard, but it didn't look like they were on good terms. I saw the guard say something then the Joker gave a hateful chuckle before leaning closer to the guard. I picked up the head phones and pressed on the button to listen in.

"You look like you need to hear a joke.. to uh..loosen up." Joker said.

"Did you hear the one about the dead security guard..with the..broken glass in his guts.." Joker started.

I immediately let go of the button and took off the speakers. I opened the door and entered my half of the room. Joker turned to look at me and the guard was already out the door on his side. I took a deep breath and sat down in relief. Joker on the other hand wasn't sitting down. They didn't give him a chair. The dim light on his side of the room shadowed behind him as he stood, towering over me. I looked up at him and he was still looking at the door where the guard had left. I waited until he was done then he turned to me.

"You know, he's much better than the other guy..he's got some humor about him. He needs to learn to be patient though. He'll probably be staying here for a long time..like me." He spoke putting his palm on the glass.

"Good morning, Joker. I hope you're feeling cooperative today." I greeted him, ignoring his remark.

"Oh I'm always cooperative doll, it just depends on the topic..or the person." He said looking away.