Put Batsie On Speed Dial

~ Chapter 35 ~

  It seems that I have zoned out the entire car ride since it has now come to a stop and I don't even remember how long we've been driving for. I stepped out and we were at what seemed to be an abandoned theme park. I stood there staring blankly at my surroundings before the lights went up and one of Jack's goons started dragging me by my upper arm. We kept on walking until we reached this giant building which had a roller coaster revolving around it and a huge clown on it's front. if anything the entire place looked more like something straight out of a horror movie. The one's where the main characters always die with their body parts decorating a seat on each ride. 

We went up to the storage house which the rollercoaster rails were surrounding and the next thing I knew the guard left me in an office like room with Jack and one lamp opened. There was a desk and a chair at the end of the room and behind them a huge window with half of the clown's head cover the view. On the left of the desk there was a stool near the middle of the room which I decided to go over and sit on. Jack was staring out the window at the pink and green lights.

"You know you didn't have to do that right?!" I finally spoke.

"Hmm?" He turned around raising an eyebrow at me before walking closer.

"He was willing to help you, you didn't have to put his life on the line as well."

"Oh! You mean your boyfriend." He said in an unreadable tone.

"Don't be stupid." I scoffed at him.

"But it appears I was!" His voice boomed around the hallow room as he raised it.

"You! With the one man I've been trying to kill for years! The one man that would kill me in the blink of an eye if it weren't for his morals stopping him! Now that was quite the surprise! A real slap in the face, but chapeau Striker! I never would've seen that one coming." He ranted as he paced in front of where I was seated, avoiding to look at me.

"Are you serious?! What makes you think I love him let alone have him as my boyfriend! Don't be delusional Jack! I think the Titan is poisoning more than your blood! It's really clouding your sense of judgement and logic." I glared at him.

"Oh really?! What were the exact words you were exchanging right before I stepped in again?! Hold on let me find you the exact tone!" He said faced me as he started clearing his throat then started again with a higher voice.

" ' I missed you Batman! Hug me! Kiss me! Wrap me in your heroic cape and zip me out of here! ' " He mimicked me with a high tone.

" You know it was nothing like that! You know I was going out of my mind trying to keep you alive and you know for certain that I've only ever loved you! Something that I especially know that you can't say for yourself now can you?!" I shouted as he stomped over getting closer to my face.

"You need to shut up before I make you." He grimaced at me as he had pulled out a gun and pressed it to my forehead.

"Then make me! " I spat at him and this time it was my shout that echoed around the room, surrounding us with it's intensity.

His eyes locked with mine as he still glared at me and I kept my anger visible as I pushed my forehead further against his gun. We maintained eye contact for a few minutes before he jerked his gun away from me and stomped outside. I stayed in my seat for a few seconds as I wished for a moment that he would've complied with his threat. I was sick of this. Sick of the pain, sick of the sorrow. Sick of the spirals of sadness and grief I was moving in. I've lost the will to fight anymore. I just wish I was numb to all of it. I was numb to my surroundings but I wasn't numb to the pain, or the constant aching of my heart that was remind me that any breath he takes could be his last. Every glance I steal at him could be the last time I do or have him return it. It was suffocating me. Driving me mad. 

I got up off the stool and headed over to the dark corner on the left of the desk. I lay down in the corner on the floor, giving my back to the desk. I wrapped my arm around myself, not giving two damns about the dust and filth surrounding me and closed my eyes. I knew that this escape method never worked but it was worth a try.

* Bruce's P.O.V *

I woke up in the Joker's warehouse an hour later feeling hazy. They were all gone. My mind then raced to Eva. What was he going to do to her? I felt something under my cowl as I brought my hand up to it and found a cell phone. It had a little Joker card taped to its back. It lit up the screen and it said that I had one voice message. I decided to play it and Joker's voice came booming through.

"Well hello Batman! I know that you'll probably wake up not knowing where we went but I thought I'd leave you this so we can..communicate..throughout this transaction ! We're at the abandoned amusement park up north but I don't wanna see your pretty cowl here unless you have my antidote with you! So I suggest you keep it. Come on..be a good bat! Don't toss it away. Anyway! I'll be in touch with you soon to see how everything's going. Talk to you later, Bats!" And with that the machine beeped and ended. 

He sounded stranger the usual. More serious but he still had a theatricality to his tone. I had to find a cure and fast! God knows how long he has and I need to save the patients he burdened with his blood. I need to find someone who can work his way around the Joker's enzymes and reverse the chemical components of the drug and I know just the man. Victor Fries.

* Eva's P.O.V *

I woke up a few hours later unaware of the time. I was still on the floor but instead I had a small pillow under my head and a blanket thrown over me. I looked around but there was so sign of Jack in the room. I stretched my neck, trying to crack it's soreness after sleeping on the harsh floor. I noticed that the lamp was turned off and the small light that replaced it was low coming through the glossy window. I got up and then walked over to it. I saw the smallest tints of colours in the skyline as the sun was just starting to rise. Right above it you could still see darkness but right at the skyline you could see the sun just slowly making it's way upwards. I used to love sunrises. They filled me with hope and excitement for tomorrow..but not this sunrise. This one filled me with dread. It sent a cold shiver down my spine just seeing these colours through the murky glass.

I had a reluctancy for tomorrow. I felt like a clock was ticking somewhere and that time was moving a million times faster and that there won't be time for any of our plans to even work.

-----------------------------------------

HEYYY

I'M SO SORRY IVE LEFT YOU GUYS FOR SO LONG

I NEVER EXPECTED THIS TO HAPPEN

JUST A WEEK BEFORE THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER I HAD PROMISED TO UPDATE AND EVEN FINISH THIS BOOK IN THE MATTER OF A DAY

HOW IRONIC

ANYWAY

IM BACK NOW (i have a SAT on saturday tho so i won't be updating then xD)

I hope you guys are enjoying this book especially since its coming to an end

I know this chapter is more on the dark and gloomy side but this will be looking up (not in this book tho xD)

Please remember that there will be a sequel and whatever happens this is not the end ( or is it?! )

Anyway! 

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote

Hope you're all having a great day!

Much love xxx