Titan

~ Chapter 30 ~

  We were both standing in the bathroom staring at his once normal looking bare chest. The one that was now half covered in scars and dead skin. He stared at himself blankly with no particular expression on his features. I couldn't tell what he was thinking. I watched as he stared emptily at his chest without even blinking until it was too much to handle.

I put a hand on his shoulder and gentle turned him towards me. I then looked up at him as he dragged his eyes from the ground and directed them towards mine. I then diverted my gaze to his chest and slowly moved my hand to touch it. I ran my finger on top of the dead skin carefully and as my hand accidentally grazed the second layer of his skin he grabbed my hand forcefully. My eyes then shot up to him and he looked angry. He then stared at me for a few seconds bringing his face closer to mine as I shuddered and then in a split second he was booming.

I jumped a little at his sudden outburst of laughter and the louder it grew the more I withdrew myself in. It sounded weird. I stared at him as he laughed until he started coughing a few times. He then cleared his throat and took a step towards me.

"You should've seen your face! You need to relax, you were acting like you were diffusing a bomb." He grinned.

"I'm sure there's a rational explanation for this, I mean it's not that bad." He added and his eye glistened.

"Your skin is shedding. Which part of it exactly isn't that bad?" I asked as I stared blankly at him and he sighed.

"Let's go. I'm sure this is a normal side effect, I'll go read the parchment. Nothing comes easy, doll. I'm sure this will have it's cons but it's pros are much greater!"  He rambled as we descended the stairs.

He then grabbed the cylinder on the kitchen and opened it. He then turned it upside down dropping out actual parchment paper. Who were these people?! Jack then turned to me and smiled before unfolding the paper. I then craned my neck to take a look at the writing on the paper.

'AUTHENTICATED BY DOCTOR PENELOPE YOUNG 

NOVEMBER 28TH 2015

Subject Name: TITAN

Titan is a chemical compound that should work to enhance the senses, performance, and allows super strength. For use it is to be administrated through the blood stream using an injector gun. Only small amounts are needed to enter the blood stream for long lasting effects. The drug shall increase bone mass and muscle mass therefore curing any bone issues like lack of calcium or bone frailty. 

Side Effects: Instant suffocating for those with allergies to Penicillin or sedatives, Possible death for those with heart diseases or issues, Reacts badly with blood pressure medicines, If any decrease in health appears after days within first few dosages then regular dosages are required for your body.

| Take the drug and we'll observe. Don't try to communicate with us, we'll reach out to you when we're ready or deal's off. Act without approval or make any public acts and our deal is also out of the question. We will reach out to you when we're ready for phase 2. For now, it's just you and the drug. 

                                                                                                                                  - The Court                            |  '

I finished reading and Jack was staring at the paper. I look back at it an stared at the name it was signed under. The Court. Does he really know who he's dealing with this time?

"Jack..who's The Court?" I questioned him.

"I can honestly say I know just as much as you do on this topic, doll." He replied.

"But see, I told you this isn't that serious. It's not even mentioned as a side effect. There are only four side effects and none of them apply to me." He spoke.

"Yes but that doesn't belittle what's happening to you, Jack." 

"We don't have a single clue what's causing your skin to react that way and in all my years in medicine, I've never seen anything like that." I admit.

"Yes I know, but until now it hasn't shown any signs of being dangerous, Angel." He said in a soft tone like he's been doing all day, trying to sugar coat all the signs that are telling me that I should be panicking.

"Yes, but it's spreading, Jack. I'm not gonna let this consume you until you end up looking like a lizard that's shedding it's skin!" 

"I understand your concern but it might be a one night thing, like a reaction because my body is still getting used to it. Maybe I'll get up tomorrow and it'll have gone away. Let's just get some sleep, that's enough worrying for today." He replied.

And just as he proposed, I gave in and decided to go sleep, but I would be lying if I said it came to me easily. My mind had to run through all of the possibilities of things going wrong. After that my exhaustion overcame it and finally brought me rest.

I then woke up the next day as I felt a breeze on my leg. I looked around but there was no scene of Jack and the breeze was caused by the now thrown aside cover. I looked at the clock and it was 8 A.M. I furrowed my brows and got up. I had remembered to sleep with socks because of the dreaded ceramic flooring which was persistent on torturing me this winter. I went out of the room and Jack was on the couch downstairs watching the tv. I then descended the stairs and walked over to him.

"When did you wake up?" I asked, rubbing my eyes at the light difference compared to my dark room. 

"Hey, Angel. Just a few minutes ago." He said as he turned back to the screen.

I then turned and walked around the other couch, heading to sit to his left. I then sat down and hugged the pillow that was next to him, resting my back on the arm rest. I watched him as he was watching the screen and couldn't help but let my eyes wander down to where his spots lay. However to my shock they weren't there. I then scotched forward and pulled down the hem of his colour as he jerked away from me.

"Easy there cold fingers, what are you doing?!" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Your wounds! They're gone!" I gasped.

"Really?! See, I told you there was nothing to worry about doll!" He smirked.

"You were right. Let me see-" I almost asked but he scotched away.

"Not with those cold fingers you won't." He said and sat on the other couch.

"Alright! You obviously love the winter ." I teased rolling my eyes at him.

"Well not as much as I love you." He teased back as he giggled a bit.

"Aww, too cheesy." I stuck my tongue out at him and he chuckled.

Then after that his laugh transformed into a cough and he pulled out a black towel from his pants' pocket and covered his mouth. He then looked at me after he was done and laughed a little more awkwardly. 

"I think I'm coming down with something doll. You really need to keep those cold fingers away from me." He replied before I could question him, noticing my curious gaze as he stuffed the small towel back into his pocket.

"I'll send the men to bring you some cough relief syrup." I said quietly as I walked towards the door to the storage a floor below us.

---------------------------------------------------

Okay guys so here's the last on for today!

I hope you guys liked it.

These are kind of fillers for what's to come next so bare with me if these got a bit boring.

However what's to come is packed so I hope you like it.

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote x

Hope you're all having a great day x

Much love xxx