Home?

~ Chapter 11 ~

 After being in a dark abyss for some lost amount of time, I suddenly started hearing the room around me. I could hear the air and feel the cold concrete of the bathroom floor. I took a sharp intake of breath and opened my eyes. I slowly sat up, trying my best not to focus on the pain in my head and back. I looked around and was still in the same position I was thrown. 

"Asshole!" I muttered to myself as I tried to hold my posture up.

I suddenly started thinking of all that's happened and found myself recalling everything. I remembered all that's happened to me in my past year, like it was just yesterday..I felt my neuron's activity shift as the pattern of memories strongly forced it's way into my brain, giving me multiple headaches. I turned and held onto the bathtub behind me and stood up. 

As I slowly made my way out of the bathroom, one thought came into my mind. Jack.

He was back at the asylum. I remembered everything he told me and understood every word behind it now. He was trying to get me back. He got into the asylum to try to get me but I was too busy with Nathan..How could I have been so stupid?! I can't believe I've let him screw with me again. 

I also remembered every word I told Jack, and how rude and ignorant I was to him. I have to get him back. Not that I'm doubting his ability to break out. He just has to know I remember now. I look around for my bag but I couldn't find it, nor my phone. Son of a bitch! I mentally cussed at him.

I went back into the room and grabbed one of his Rolex watches and headed outside. As I went out, the sunlight made me cringe. I looked down at the watch and it was 4:30 PM. I've been out for almost a day! I hauled a cab and headed to the asylum. When we reached our destination I turned to the driver.

"I don't have any money on me but will this do?!" I asked raising an eyebrow at him while showing him the Rolex.

I saw a streak of anger cross him before he looked down at the watch.

"Sure will ma'am, good day." He replied before I got out.

I headed to my office and grabbed my notebook and papers, so no one would suspect anything. I then took off to his cell. I slid my ID card through the scanner and went it.

"Good afternoon, Joker." I spoke looking around the room. I realized that the only cameras were actually behind my seat and they only captured me from the back.

"Striker, you!  Are late.Tell me lover boy had a breakdown.." He smirked at me.

I took a seat in front of him and put my stuff on the desk, thinking of a way to tell him.

"Well? What are you waiting for?! Tell me what happened?!" He asked frantically.

"Let's keep this professional, please." I said giving him a look which he didn't get well.

We maintained eye contact as I gave him a 'wait' nod. I pick up my notebook and pen and started writing.

" Now..tell me about your past.." I said looking up and winking at him to do as follows.

"Well..I'm just a party boat of chaos. I'm the lime in the tequila darling. But I won't ramble on about that forever..You won't really get it." He spoke.

'Jack' I wrote on the notepad before turning it to him, pressing it against me so the camera doesn't see.

He looked down at the notepad and snapped his gaze to me and I nodded.