Daughter of The Demon

~ Chapter 37 ~

  I stared out onto the broken rides and ripped tents from above. I was dangling my legs off now repetitive spot on one of the top rails of the run down roller coaster. I'd come up through the ceiling hatch of the office crate in the big clown logo and then step onto a rail which was just a few centimetres away from the clown's head. My chest still felt heavy with all that was happening. I think what was mainly bothering me now is how after all that I've done to try and save him, he thinks I've got eyes for Bruce. After all those nights I slept with tears on my pillow and all those nights that I haven't even had the privilege of shutting my brain down and sleeping. All of what I'm feeling now, all the pain and heart break that's clawing at my insides and driving me insane, he doesn't see. I let out a huff and decided to try and stop thinking for a while and just get lost in the scenery again. 

 After a few minutes I brought my hand up to part my hair and someone grabbed my wrist. I was about  to turn around and see who it was when I was harshly turned around and pulled back off the rail. I gave a loud gasp as I was dangling by my wrist in the space between the rail and the office roof. I looked up with wide-eyes to see that it was Jack. I thought he was too weak to even attempt to make it up to the roof.

"I thought I told you to not go up here again." He spat through his clenched jaw as he kept my dangling.

I swung for a few minutes trying to find some sort of balance and bring my hand up to grab onto the roof near his feet.

"Pull me up! Are you mad?!" 

"See doll, it's not so fun when your life is on the line now is it?! Back to your fear of heights yet?!" He glared at me as he still kept me dangling and that was when I just glared back.

I didn't know him anymore.

He's a total stranger. 

How does he all of a sudden forget all that we have ever had and turn into this monster?!

How does he keep doing that?!

Next thing I knew, he pulled me up onto the roof again. He grabbed my upper arm firmly and brought me closer to him than I already was.

"I don't want you up here again." He stressed as he looked into my eyes with great intensity.

"You're psychotic." I said as I pushed past him and walked over to the hatch.

"Oh please sweetheart, tell me something I don't know." He said in his nasal tone.

* Bruce's P.O.V *

  I was currently making my way to Ra's base. I can see it from where I stand so it shouldn't take long for one of his assassin's to spot me as well.  I felt my hand vibrate as Alfred was trying to contact me. I pressed on the projector installed on my wrist and held my arm out. The image blurred for a few seconds before establishing a strong connection. 

"Master Bruce." I heard his voice come through my ear piece.

"Yes Alfred, has something happened?!" I asked.

"No sir, but would you like to share with me what exactly it is that you're planning on doing?" He asked.

"I'm at the League of Assassin's base in Tibet. I need some of the enzymes in Ra's' body." I answered.

"Yes of course, and how are you planning on dealing with the distractions ?" He added.

"What distractions?" I replied.