History Repeats Itself

~ Chapter 14 ~

* Joker's P.O.V *

  I walked out of the warehouse and stepped into the van. I could hear my men beating him up. I could hear his pathetic yells and cries. My inner noise however, was louder than both of them.. I just need to clear my head. Eva was plaguing my mind today. It is like the plague though, in a way. It made it's way around and crept up on me. Love is a disease. In fact! Love has killed more than any disease! Love makes us sick! It's the nightmares of dreams! It haunts us, for every waking hour. It's a sick deal with a heavy cost..But what was the cost I was trying to squirm out of? Was there really anything to avoid? 

 I heard a few more yells from inside and cursed under my breath. I yanked the van door open and stepped out. I banged on the shed door and a few of my men came and pulled it open. I walked past them before skipping my way to the chair he was in. I picked up a piece of electric copper wire I found along the way and smoothed a peace of my hair back into it's place as I stood back up. My men moved away from him as I got closer to the chair and moved back by the door. 

Nathan's face looked pretty bad up close. I mean he was blue eyed, blood running down his mouth, swollen cheeks. I mean he was just black and blue all around really. However, it was missing a certain something.. When I reached the chair I realized he was crying. Scratch that I meant sobbing! He had his head leaning over one shoulder and tears streaming down his face as he silently wept. Oh boohoo..

"Aww! You're crying because you missed me didn't you! Well there's no need, I'm right-" I spoke before stopping mid-sentence as he stood up and ran at me, getting a knife from behind him and jabbing my right side. 

My men saw what was happening and rushed over throwing him back to the chair. I stepped back a few steps, laughing at what had just happened, as my men took the knife and tied him to the chair. A few were about to approach my crouched figure but my laugh got louder.

"AHA! AHAHAHAAHA!" I laughed as I looked at the blood on my hand which I just removed from the wound.

My men tried to hesitantly approach me but I held my hand up.

"Is that really your attempt at killing me?! At least jab me harder! This is merely a scratch!" I boomed as he started crying again.

"Oh that's not the spirit, Nathan!" I spoke as I made my way around, standing behind his chair.

" There's no need to mope around! Straighten up! " I said as I pulled him against the chair's back and dragged him up. 

He straightened his head and quieted his crying, waiting for me to do something. He was petrified.

"Now what's wrong? Don't look so down! Smile! I know how to make up smile!" I spoke as I brought the copper wire over his mouth and to his lips. He began to shiver.

"Come on Nathan, smile! Don't look so serious...Why so serious?" I whispered the last part as I brought my face down to his ears, before I started pulling the copper wire. It slowly cut through the skin as it parted his lips. He tried to let out a few screams at first but then he passed out midway. He's no fun! I let go of the wire before I spat on him and walked towards my men. 

"Kill him." I said addressing some of them and signaling for the others to follow me out to the van.

"The knife.." I spoke when we were in, as they looked at each other before one of them gulped and took it out of his pocket. It was the one in the driver's seat.

"This was yours, wasn't it?" I questioned him.

"Y-yes boss." He stuttered looking at me through the rear-view mirror.