I'm Back!

* Chapter 3 *

* Eva's P.O.V *

I woke up to the feeling of a kiss on my forehead. My eyelids fluttered a bunch of time before I rubbed them open. I looked up to see Nathan in his uniform and a tray of breakfast on the bedside table.

"Hey." I smiled sitting up.

"How did I get here? You didn't have to do that." I said looking at the breakfast tray.

"You fell asleep on the couch and I carried you and yes I did." He said before pecking my lips.

" Thank you." I smiled.

"Now eat up and get dressed we have to go princess!" He replied.

I ate and got up and headed to the bathroom. I washed my face and opened the dryer to get my clothes. I choose the white silk shirt and black jeans I got because they were the most formal looking. I got dressed and went out.

"You look nice, let's go?" Nathan spoke.

"Yeah I'm ready." I said grabbing my wallet and laptop case.

When we reached the asylum, Nathan took me straight to Jeremiah's office. As we went in I saw Jeremiah's features change.

"Striker?" He whispered as if he'd seen a ghost.

"Wait outside dear." Nathan said before slightly shoving me and closing the door.

I heard a few muffled voices but I couldn't make out what they were saying. Jeremiah looked shocked then they both looked at me through the glass.

* Nathan's P.O.V *

"How? How is she here?! And with you!" Jeremiah spoke pointing at me.

"Hey calm down, she got into a car accident and she lost memory of everything she's been through her last year." I spoke.

"But I thought she went with The Joker when he escaped?" He started.

"I know I know, but look at her , she doesn't have a scratch on her. Do you really think he's the one who took her? Come on those were just rumors!" I said.

"True..maybe she wanted to escape a little after treating the mad bastard." He replied.

"Yes now, she's back and she wants to be rehired or 'go back to work' " I spoke.

"What?! She was missing for like 5 months and you just said she can't remember anything." He replied.

"Yes of the last year only, she still remembers everything else and as you said she was missing most of it so she didn't miss out on much." I argued.

"Why do you care? I thought she dumped your sorry ass at the beginning of last year." He glared at me.

"Oh but now we're together again. Small world. Anyways, surely you wouldn't want to let her father down..would you?" I questioned him as his expression changed.

"I don't trust you." He said getting closer to me.

"You don't have to." I smiled and he cleared his throat.

"You can let her in now." He said.

* Eva's P.O.V *

A few moments later, Nathan opened the door and smiled at me as I entered.

"Hello, Jeremiah." I greeted him awkwardly.

"Striker, it's always a pleasure to have you aboard. It's great to have you back, I hope you're feeling well." He smiled which was rare for him.