Concrete.

~ Chapter 10 ~

  I woke up earlier than usual, got dressed, and headed to the asylum. I planned on confronting Nathan, but I didn't have the proper amount of information yet. I had to find out more, and I had to get some questions out of Joker. I hauled a cab and went on my way. When I reached the asylum, some of the new interns bombarded me with work files and papers. It was almost the end of the month and we had this thing where we had to submit reports on all our cases..and I had about 5...

 I cursed under my breath and started working on my reports. I didn't need Jeremiah barking at me right now. At around 2 PM, I had finished the reports and signed the remaining papers and stood up. Okay! Whew. I thought. I grabbed my ID, not bothering to grab my notebook and headed to the cells. I went to Joker's cell and he wasn't there..? What?! I started speed walking out side of the hallway and into the elevators to building C.  I rushed to the interrogation cell and he wasn't there. There wasn't even a guard! 

I left building C and headed back to the main building. I went up to Jeremiah's office and knocked on the door before stepping in. 

"Where's Joker?!" I said in a high pitched tone, trying to take my breath.

"Dr. Striker..It's nice to meet you too.." He spoke, pissing me off as usual.

"I believe you can find patient 0801 in the cafeteria..it is lunch time after all." He spoke standing up.

"But..I have a session with him now.." I replied.

"I don't see your point Ms. Striker.. Your session will carry on as usual just in the cafeteria. Or wherever seems fit to patient 0801 from now on.." He stated.

"Ok..ay uh, thank you..Good day." I nodded, slowly stepping out.

I shut the door behind me and headed to the cafeteria.  I stepped in through the huge doors and looked around. I scanned the room for Joker before spotting a green head by the food counter in the center of the room. I walked over to him and tapped his shoulder.

"Hmh?" He turned his head to look around.

"Ah yes! Striker! I was beginning to wonder where you'd gone off too..You're late." He stated.

"We need to talk.." I said softly as he left the food counter and turned to me.

"Well duh, isn't that all we do in these sessions..that's the purpose correct? To get me to talk and get out my little feelings and uh..emotions..and anger issues." He rambled on circling his hand about in the air.

"You know that's not what I meant..Ugh..Come on." I grunted and pulled him from his elbow to the doctors' side.

"Take a seat." I said sitting opposite to him.

As we sat down, one of the department heads walked by and patted Joker on the back. Joker turned his head up and gave him a dirty look till he left, turning up to his left and right.

" Jeremiah is willing to go above and beyond for you. Ugh, You do see what he's doing.. right?" I asked him.

"Hmh?" He replied.

"Them taking you out of your cell, not to mention after you were to be kept into the confined interrogation cells..You're in the cafeteria without guards over your shoulders or shackles around your ankles..They're trying to keep you happy and get on your good side..He also told me that wherever you see 'fit' , is where our sessions should be held ." I explained.

"Oh..but that's ridiculous! You see..I don't have a good side." He looked up at me taking a bite out of his apple and nodding at me, reassuring me with his eyes.