Chapter Six

The next morning I woke up to the sounds of my roommates giggling.
"Did any of you actually get any sleep?" I asked the girls.

"Ya of course I can't be this pretty without sleep." Jenna stated.

I rolled my eyes. "Well I'll see you guys in class." I exited the room and left the common room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went to go talk to Alex at the sixth year table. He looked at me. "Hey Athena." He said awkwardly.

"Hey." I said.

"Are you excited for potions this year?" Alex asked me.

"Of course I am it's my favorite class after all." I replied.

"Oh ya, I forgot." He chuckled awkwardly.

"Well I should go eat I only stopped by to say hi." A couple years back the staff changed the seating arrangement by years so that all the student could have a more diverse friend base that's not just their house so now me and Artemis are at the same table. However because of the sorting ceremony everyone sits with their house on the first night.

"Okay, see you later?" He asked me.

"Ya, totally." I said. I'm still sorta ticked at him, I don't know what it is but I think he's keeping something from me. I walked over to the fifth year table and grabbed a piece of bacon and began to get lost in thought as I usually do, I ended up looking towards Artemis. She flashed me a smile and I returned one. My gaze drifted towards Alex, who was now sitting between two sixth year girls. Why is it always girls why can't he have any guy friends. I sighed, finished my food and ran to potions class hyped for my favorite class.

I sat in the back corner of the class room so I would be less likely of being called on. I really only answer questions when I want to, most of the time when I'm called on I tense up but I'm feeling good today so we'll see.
I saw my sister across the classroom, this year Ravenclaw and Slytherin are in a class together because of the accident last year that involved a few Slytherins and Gryfindors and the old potions teacher. So now I have a few classes with my twin. The class quieted and professed Herondale spoke. "Now," he started, " let's get one thing straight. I understand I'm only one year out of Hogwarts and only three years older than you lot. I am sill you teacher. I demand respect."

"You'll get respect when you earn it." Jason shouted. Which got some snickers, from mostly Slytherins, they're so immature. Professor Herondale scowled. He flicked his wand at Jason and Jason's nose swelled.

Everyone was silent. " A+ to the first person to create a mixture to counter the charm and fix his nose."

I raised my hand shyly. And Herondale raised his eyebrows. "Yes, Athena?"

"Uh... Well the past professors would use our last names and Mr. And Miss." The teacher looked pleased.

"When I'm struggling to gain your respect, it would be foolish to give you too much," he replied to me. I sat down,opened my textbook and tried to figured out how to fix my twins friend.
Of course a damned Ravenclaw figured it out, not saying there's anything wrong with Ravenclaws but most just don't give us other houses a chance,I personally don't think it's fair. Jason's swelling went down and professor Herondale dismissed the class with no homework.

The class ended quite early so I have some time to kill. I might go paint a mural on one of the castle walls. What, you didn't expect me to paint graffiti? I'm a Slytherin aren't I? Before I could get to far my sister caught my eye. Her voice popped into my head. (not only can she read minds but she can allow people to read her mind). I'm going to wait for Jason. I nodded to let her know I heard her. Then I sprinted away. As I was heading to one of my usual spots I realized that Artemis was acting really strange in class. I really should have a private chat with her.