Chapter Eleven

One of the Beauxbatons boys turned his head towards me and smiled.  He looked to be around my age, maybe a year older, he had strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. He was fairly muscular, not so much as to look menacing, but enough to look attractive.
When all of the Beauxbatons had filed into the great hall we Hogwarts students followed.

After Headmistress McGonagall had introduced the Beauxbatons headmaster Edward Clavel, they brought out lunch and announced that classes for the rest of the day were canceled. This gained a lot of cheering from the Hogwarts students except most of the Ravenclaw's.

I was walking down the hall when I bumped into someone, Rita Skeeter.

"Oh if it isn't an Olympus." Rita said in her annoyingly squeaky voice. "Now, you're one of the twins, correct?"

I nodded my head in response.

There is no possible way of getting out of this, I thought.

"How is your dear old dad?"

"I really don't have time to talk right now." I began to walk away when Rita placed a hand on my shoulder, I cringed.
"What about your mum? I hear she works a lot."
I could feel anger rising up, I tried to stay calm. I pushed her hand off of my shoulder and kept walking.
"I know things about you and your family, girl."
I turned around. "They're all lies," I replied.
"Oh, but they're not. A good reporter never lies."
I felt someone grab my shoulder. I turned and saw, you guessed it...
"Oh, it's the Patroklos boy," Rita smirked.
"Leave her alone, Skeeter," Alex demanded.
"I know things about your family boy. Do you happen to know your mothers maiden name?"Rita asked.
"Wallace. Now if you'll excuse us."
Rita stopped him. "No. Her real maiden name."
I looked around, we had gathered quite an audience.
"That is enough!" I heard Headmistress McGonagall shout. "Rita, if you would follow me, please."Rita followed.
Murmurs began to surface and I began to walk off, my face red with embarrassment as I was stopped by Alex.
"Alex leave me alone. You made your choice."
"Please Athena, just hear me out," he begged.
"No, I don't want to hear any of your excuses. Now if you'll excuse me I have somewhere to be." I stormed off.

The common room was full to the brim with Hogwarts and Beauxbatons alike. I walked up to my room and noticed a girl I had never seen before sitting on an empty bed. We had always been one short in the dorm, she was about my height with really white skin and curly bright orange hair and her eyes were green kinda like a lime green. You'd think she was a Weasley.
"Hello." I approached the girl.
"Hi." She was unpacking something's.
"I'm Athena, you must be our new dorm mate from Beauxbatons." I looked down at her.
She looked up. "Oh yes, my name is Olivia, but most people just call me Liv."
"Nice to meet you, Liv. I hope you enjoy your stay at Hogwarts." Just then the rest of the girls from my dorm walked in, they all looked over at us. Aine was the first to speak.
"Hi!" She walked over to us. "You must be our new dorm mate!" Liv nodded and looked down. That's weird she was pretty friendly a few seconds ago.
"Really a new girl?" One of the others said.
"Yeah from Beauxbatons." Another said.
    Liv glanced around. The conversation was dying. I had never been good at reviving discussions. I only tried because it's hard to sink into the background when everyone is looking around in silence, looking for fresh entertainment.
    If Artemis was here, she'd say some obscure fact that would captivate everyone, but she wasn't here.  So I decided to liven up the conversation.
    "What's your favorite color?" I blurted. A smile spread the foreign girl's face.
     "Oui!" She exclaimed. "My favorite color is the exact shade of the grass in springtime when I visit my grandparents in America."
     "Ooh!" Aine said. "You are from America?"
     Nodding, Liv elaborated, "My mother was American and my father was French. She moved to France and became a designer."
     And just like that everyone was talking animatedly. One really stupid question had done it! I was proud of myself. I needed to channel my newfound, well, I didn't know what to call my developing skill. Anyway, if I could use it against Rita Skeeter, I wouldn't have to rely on Alex to rescue me. I wasn't totally helpless.

I walked to dinner keeping an eye out for anyone who might stop me, these first few days of the school year have not been great. I'm not sure what is different about this year, but it does feel different. I walked into the great hall and sat alone at the fifth years table, I looked around cautious of anyone looking at me. Ugh, it seems like everyone has some sort of beef with me Rita, Nicholas, and McKayla, and Alex keeps bugging me.
I was pulled out of my thoughts by a boy tapping on my shoulder, I looked at him, he was the boy from when the Beauxbatons arrived.
"Bonjour, my name is Stephane Clavel. You are an Olympus, Oui?"
Frowning, I asked, "How did you know?"
He grinned. "Because your mother was just as lovely."
"How do you know what my mother looks like?" I asked, getting slightly suspicious.
"My father, Edward, has a photo of her, from her time in France," he explained.
"Why..." I asked, slightly creeped out. Then I realized something. "Wait...Edward Clavel?"
"Ah, yes, you've exposed me."
"It wasn't too hard."
"Well, you must be a Ravenclaw, my Olympian detective." I blushed. Then recovering, I pointed to my tie.
"Um, green, Slytherin." Now it was his turn to be embarrassed.
"You're too sweet to be a Slytherin." I snorted.
"Apparently the Sorting Hat didn't agree." He laughed.
"Beautiful, clever, and funny. You must have a boyfriend." I glanced involuntarily at Alex. He quickly looked away, revealing he'd been eavesdropping. I scowled and turned back to Stephane.
"No," I said, loud enough for my snooping friend to overhear. If he wants to take things out of context, I'm going to see what he makes of this. Yeah...maybe I do belong in Slytherin.
"So, which Olympus are you? Wait, Aphrodite, the most lovely."
"Wrong again," I said with a chuckle. "It's my older brother Ares  that is the desirable one...and Ditty--Aphrodite--is my younger sister, a Gryffindor." I grinned. "I'm Athena."
"Named for your intelligence."
"Nope. That's Ravenclaw, Artemis."
He sighed. "Fine, I admit, I've just been flirting."
"You weren't very discreet," I stated. He smiled.
"No, I wasn't. Perhaps I shouldn't try." I smiled.
"Perhaps you shouldn't."

Hey guys I know it's been so long since this was updated but Alcinamystic and I have worked on it recently and also a big thanks to her because she wrote most of this chapter as you can probably tell XD
Well thanks for reading
                                          Author-San <3