Chapter Nine

I sat down with Alex at lunch. "Where have you been? I was looking for you all day yesterday."

"I'm sorry. I was studying.... in the library." Alex said pausing mid sentence.

"Oh, Nicholas was looking for you." I said taking a bite of spaghetti. Hogwarts food is the best.

Suddenly, the divination teacher slammed open the doors to the great hall and ran towards us, she grabbed Alex by the collar of his shirt and I let out a blood-curdling scream. "YOU SHALL DIE ON THE FIFTH OF JUNE WHEN THE FIRST MOON IS WANING!" The professor bellowed.

Alex looked at the teacher horrified.

"YOU SHALL BE SLAIN BY THE POISONED ARROW. YOU SHALL BE SLAINED BY THE ONE YOU CALL FRIEND." Then the teacher collapsed. Alex ran out of the hall and I followed.

"Alex!" I called after my friend. "Where are you?" I turned a corner and found him sitting in the corridor next to one of my graffiti spots. "Alex," I began, "do you know what that was all about?" I asked.

"I have no clue." He said looking away from me.

"Alex, I know you're lying. You've been lying to me since the first day of school." I said in a disappointed tone.

"I'm telling you I don't know." He said, raising his voice slightly.

"You're thinking about entering the tournament aren't you? That's why she predicted you're gonna die."

"You really believe that crap!" He shouted.

"No." I lied. "But if there is any truth to it you're better off not entering."

"You can't tell me what to do!" He yelled at me.

"I'M ONLY TRYING TO LOOK OUT FOR YOU!" I shouted. "But if you're so determined to enter that damned tournament then so be it, but I won't be there to support you." I ran to my dorm room and cried. I don't know how long I was crying but I'm pretty sure I skipped most of my classes. It was pretty dark out side of my window. I decided to go to sleep before my dorm mates came up.