Chapter Thirty Seven

I was leaving my charms class when I ran into Ditty.

"Hey Athena." She handed me a rolled up piece of parchment.

"What's this?" I asked.

"I don't know, I'm just the delivery girl." She shrugged and walked off.

I walked to a secluded area and unrolled the parchment.

The letter was from Artemis, she wasn't going to meet me later it was too dangerous, she explained that I was to give all letters for her to Ditty and she would do the same.

I took out some parchment from my bag and began writing.

Artemis! Oh, this is bad! Something serious is going on more so than we thought. The Riddles are descendants of the actual Riddles as in Tom Marvolo. They are coercing Alex for some reason. He was using Aine to make me jealous, that's not important though. What's important is figuring out what those brats are up to. It can't be good.

I rolled it up and found Ditty out on the grounds.

I handed her the rolled up parchment.

"Get this to Artemis please." Ditty nodded and headed into the castle and I headed to care of magical creatures.

Ditty returned with another letter at dinner and sat down beside me.

The letter was from Artemis warning me to avoid her and my other siblings at all costs for their safety and to not tip off the Riddles. She also warned me not to reply to this letter and to stay close to Alex for my own safety.

I showed Ditty the letter, she nodded in understanding. I hugged her and she hurried off to find her quidditch friends.

I ate my dinner quietly, observing my surroundings, I noticed Aine running out of the great hall in tears I glanced over at where she was running from to see Alex with his arm around Liv my dorm mate from Beauxbatons. If I wasn't supposed to be getting on his good side I would go over there and slap him. I admit I feel just a little bit bad for Aine but she did get what was coming to her.

I saw Stephane a few seats from Alex and Liv he looked kinda sad. I walked over to where he was sitting and sat down.

"Hey Stephane." I said.

"Oh bonjour, Athena." He perked up instantly.

"You okay?" I asked him quietly.

"Oui." He glanced at Liv.

"Really? Because you seem to be staring at Liv a lot." I stated keeping my voice down.

He sighed. "You are quite observant, Athena."

I let out a small quiet laugh. "A recently acquired trait."

"Liv, she is with your friend, no?"

"Yeah, from the looks of it he just broke things off with Aine, not that they were even officially a couple." I said with a hint of jealously in my voice.

"You are jealous?" Stephane asked me.

"Me? I...uh...no." Of course I was jealous and Stephane could see that I could also see that he was jealous.

"You are." Stephane had a smirk on his face.

"You're jealous too." Stephen blushed.

"Follow me." Stephane whispered. He got up and walked out of the great hall, I waited a few minutes, so it wouldn't look like I was following him, then I got up and headed in his direction.

I'm curious what do you guys think of Alex? Do you think he's really a bad guy?
Author-San