Chapter Twenty-one

It was just a bit before dinner when I remember that the Durmstrangs would arrive soon and all students are required to be there. So I wiped my eyes, I had been crying, and I headed to the great hall.
I wasn't late, thank goodness. I sat down, alone. I ate after they had brought in our new forigen friends and brought out the goblet of fire, I hope Alex and Ares make the right choice.
After  all of the festivities were done they brought out dinner, I was starving, I think I had way to much food. In the middle of dinner my sister found her way over to me, I guess now is as good a time as any to talk to her.

"Hey." She said.

"Hey," I replied. "You know dad never abused me right?" I asked her.

"Course," she started, "the bruises are from learning to draw. I'd never think him violent despite his other faults." Artemis never hated dad per say but she didn't love him like me and Ditty, Ares too he and Artemis were always more attached to mom.

"Did you really say that about mom and dad?" I asked, she looked nervous.

"You didn't hear them fighting, sis, they've got a lot of bad blood."

"Why would you tell Rita that?" I demanded

"I didn't, I hate her," She looked hurt. "Her insider heard me talking to Jason."

As if he knew something was going on without him Jason plopped down beside me.

"So, how do you think they'll connect your family to Clavel?"

"Probably using Ares statement to defame the poor man."  My twin replied to her friend.

"Or making up some fake fued between him and mom from her time at Beauxbaton." I added.

My sister laughed then added. "Yeah, like how she was the black sheep in her family, and he despite his faults was golden. Or maybe she'll say the whole french school is..."

McGonagall cleared her throat.

"Excuse me." The Headmisteress looked regally over the students. "The goblet of fire will now be brought in, only those who have ccompleted their OWLs may enter, best of luck to you all."

The goblet was brought out and Gryffindors rushed to it, in the lead was James Potter, then the Hufflepuffs my brother among them, then Ravenclaw and Beauxbatons, and lastly Durmstrang and Slytherin, Alex was of course the first to go up. I glanced over at the Riddle twins who of course looked smug as ever.

I ran out of there faster than you could imagine, I thought Alex was just pulling one of his stupid pranks on me when he said he would enter, or at least I hoped he was.