Chapter Fifteen

Dinner was deliousious, headmistress  McGonagall had announced for anyone who hadn't already heard that the Durmstrangs would be arriving tomorrow and they would be bringing out the goblet of fire during dinner.

It was strangely quiet tonight given it was late Stephane and I hung out a bit after dinner. The corridors were dark and I could hear the shound of a drizzle coming from outside. I decided to hang out in one of my usual spots I needed sometime away from people. I went to one of my favorite spots, an abandoned classroom in the dungeons a few corridors from the Slytherin common room. As I approached the classroom I heard whispers coming from inside the room, me being me I decided to eavesdrop.

"Quite a wonderful story you gave to that reporter..." The voices were so low I could only here bits and pieces.

"Well you know some of... had some truth... not everything I say are lies..."

"Yes well now... will be more enclined to enter..."

I need to get closer. Being a metamorphmagus has it's perks. I turned into a mouse and scurried into the room.

"Athena has been avoiding Alex, do you think she has told anyone about our conversation?" A girl, McKayla, asked her companion presumibly her brother.

"She isn't the smartest but she's not that dumb, she wouldn't risk it." Nicholas replied to his sister. Not the smartest?! I'm not a genius but the way he said it makes it sound like I'm an idiot!

I jump on top of a desk and accidentally knock over a jar causing it to shatter. Crap.

"Who's there?" McKayla held her wand in the air.

"I'm sure it was just a rat. But we should get going, curfew is soon and we don't want to get in trouble before the real trouble begins." He grabbed his sisters arm.

"Very well then." They bolted out faster than you can say apparate.

I looked to make sure the coast was clear then I changed back into myself.

Dang it I should have been more careful I could have heard more. I stomp my foot on the ground out of frustration.

She wouldn't risk it. His voice echoed in my mind. Wouldn't risk what. And the real trouble. What are those evil roaches planning. I slam my fist on the desk. "This is so infuriating!" I shout.

"Hello? Is anyone in here?" A familliar voice called from the doorway of the classroom. It wasn't a teacher though this voice was younger.

I turned to examine the person.  It was very dark in the room so I went unnoticed, them on the other hand I could see them, not well but I could see them. Their silhouette was tall and fairlly muscular I could just make out tousled hair.

The figure got closer to me I held my breath not wanting them to hear me. 

"Hello? I know someone is in here." Now I know why the voice sounded so familiar. They walked up to me. "Athena?" Dang it, Alex.

I decided not to hide anymore I was tired of running away from my problems.

"What do you want Alex?" I revealed myself.

"What are you doing in here Athena?" He asked.

"Looking for some peace. Why do you care?"

"Because I'm your friend Athen-"

"Were my friend." I corrected him.

"I'm still your friend wether you like it or not."

"Well I'm not your friend, not unless you change your mind about the tournament."

"Really? Because you seem to be friends with Stephane and he's planning on entering."

"That's different. I haven't known him for years like I've known you!" I shouted. Alex still remained calm.

"How is that different? He could die too and you don't care?"

"I do care it's jus-"

Alex cut me off. "Just what?! You don't think I can handle it. McKayla may have told many lies in that article but I think she was right about that."

"Don't you dare agree with her!"

"Why not? They've been more like friends than you have this year."

"You've been talking to them?! They're messing with you! They don't care about you you're just a pawn of theirs."

" Look Athena i'm trying to be your friend and arguing isn't helping, I've stated my case. If you can get over this maybe we can still be friends." He turned and headed towards the common room.

I waited a few minutes before leaving so I would not have to see Alex again. The common room was still as bustling as ever and tomorrow it will probably be more so with the Durmstrangs.

My dormmates were talking animatedly until I walked in then an awkward silence rippled through the room.

"Hey Athena!" Aine broke the silence.

"Hey, what are you guys up to?" I asked looking at the news paper laying on livs bed.

"Just catching up on current events. You're in late."

"Yeah needed some alone time today has been rough."

"Oh you mean the article about you and Stephane in the Daily Prophet?" Liv asked.

"Liv! We agreed not to bring it up around Athena." Aine exclaimed.

"Oh yes sorry." Liv looked down in embarresment.

"It's kinda hard to hide it with the paper laying there, in plain sight, on the exact page of the article. It's cool though I don't care, everything that Rita witch has to say it's all lies."

"Oh, in that case is it true that Stephane is a veela like his dad?" Aine asked.

"I don't know it never came up, and why are you asking me I've known him a day Liv on the other hand goes to school with him."

"Oh yeah I forgot about that." Aine turned to Liv. "So, is it true?"

"From what I've gathered yes." Liv replied.

They continued to ask Liv and I questions about Stephane. We all headed to bed about midnight.

It was hard to sleep. Alex, Nicholas, an McKayla's voices echoed through my mind, Alex's more so. I can't believe he is trusting them. I eventually fell asleep around five maybe.

Two chapters in one day omg! I just couldn't wait to get this out so I hope you enjoyed and remember to like and comment!
                 Author-San <3