Chapter Fourteen

I had shown Stephane all of the important parts of the castle. There is so much of it, it would take all day to see it, Stephane really wanted to see the grounds so I agreed to show him after class.

I ran to class after I split up with Stephane. Just as I thought, I was late to potions of all classes again so I certainly was not making a good impression on the teacher.

I walked in and sat down when Professor Herondale was facing the chalkboard. He turned around and looked at me as if I were in trouble, I braced myself for the incoming embarrassment, but it never came, professor Herondale just continued talking.
I got out my supplies and began to take notes. I looked over at my sister who was staring at the teacher with great interest and not the knowledge kind this was more of a lust. My sister had never really been interested in dating, though I used to pick on her and Jason even though there was nothing happening there. Speaking of Jason, for someone so smart he really wasn't good at paying attention. He was currently throwing paper balls into the professors cauldron like they were basketballs. The professor of course was either oblivious or just didn't care.

"Turn your books to page 38 and for those of you who haven't already, get out your parchment and quills. Today we'll be making a love potion. Does anyone know the name of this potion?" I raised my hand. The professor turned his attention to me. "Yes, Athena?"

"Amortentia. The potion is amortentia." I said.

"Professor," Jason raised his hand, "Isn't that an advanced potion?"

"Correct, Athena. And yes Jason it is, you're the top of your class you can obviously handle it." Jason turned a light shade of pink but quickly regained his smug demeanor.

"Yes, I can handle it but what about-"

The professor cut my sisters smug friend off. "I have faith that all of you have potential," he directed his gaze towards me," so my goal is to get you to use it. After all that is my job." He smiled. "Now get out your ingredients and begin."

I got out my materials, I could hear Jason murmuring curses towards the teacher I giggled and began my potion.

Professor Herondale went around the classroom and checked all of the potions. "Now what do you smell? Wanda?" He pointed to a short Slytherin girl with hair about as black as the professors.

She sniffed the pink liquid inside her cauldron. "Lilacs, the ocean, and," she sniffed it again," chocolate, yes I beleive thats chocolate."

The professor looked pleased. "Very good." He cleared his throat and turned to me. "Athena, what do you smell?"

I smelled my potion. "Apples, hot chocolate, and autumn."

"Very good. Now," he walked back up to the chalkboard and faced the class, "you should never ingest a amortentia potion, nor should you distribute it. Is that understood?" The entire class nodded. "Good. Class dismissed, oh and before you all go next week we will learn how to create an antidote for amortentia."

I began packing my things into my bag when professor Herondale called to me.

"Athena come here a moment please." I grabbed my bag and walked over to the professors desk.

"Am I in trouble?" I asked timidly.

"No not at all. But I have to ask, why are you always late to my class? You don't seem like much of a trouble maker even for a Slytherin." He began to clean off the chalk board.

"I'm sorry sir I was showing one of the Beauxbatons around the school."

"Athena, I see potential in you." He turned to face me. "You seem very interested in potion making, am I correct?"