1. Outside World

Okay so here is the first Chapter for the sequel for Stay By My Side! I am really excited for this sequel, I have so many idea's for it and can't wait to share.

The events of this story takes place  not so long after the last chapter (Harry and Ginny's wedding) in Stay By My Side. 

 I hope you all enjoy this Chapter. x

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS SUCH AS HERMIONE, DRACO, HARRY, GINNY, RON ETC AS THEY ALL RIGHTFULLY BELONG TO THE AUTHOR JK ROWLING. I AM MERELY A HUGE HP FAN AND I ENJOY WRITING FANFIC STORIES FROM MY PERSPECTIVE. HOWEVER, I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR THE STORY-LINES/CHARACTER DEVELOPMENTS/SCENARIO'S ETC THAT COME WITH THIS BOOK AND I TAKE ANY CASES OF COPYING VERY SERIOUSLY. 

____________________________________________________________________

Hermione

BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP

SLAM!

The hideous sound of my alarm clock took me away from my lavish sleep. Despite the fact I was used to early mornings when I was in Hogwarts anyway, it will definitely take me a while to adjust to waking up an hour earlier than I was used to. I really hated this, but it'll be worth it in the end. With a loud yawn, and many regrets that's I didn't go to bed earlier the night before, I dragged myself quickly out of my warm double bed and lazily made it. The morning sun was shining straight through the gaps of the curtains and I could hear the birds singing outside my window, as they do every morning. At least this cheered me up a little.

It didn't take me long to brush my hair and teeth and change into my appropriate work attire for the day ahead of me. Smiling at my appearance in the mirror, I patted down my crisp white buttoned up shirt and pulled the cuff's right down to my wrists. I still couldn't believe my position in today's society. After passing five subjects in my N.E.W.T.s, I was immediately eligible to throw myself straight into the studies and training to become a fully qualified Healer. Of course I am stoked about this, and I enjoy every moment of my time in St Mungo's Hospital in London along with my fellow trainee's and other amazing and helpful staff. Luckily for me I was currently residing in my own apartment (with money I saved up over the years) right in the centre of London, St Mungos wasn't far off from where I lived and it is an easy walking distance. That was one of the main reasons why I said 'yes' to this particular apartment when I was hunting. The exterior of the whole apartment block wasn't all that attractive, it could honestly do with a lick of paint, but the inside is what made me say yes. My new home was spacious enough with two decent sized bedroom's, one bathroom, a small kitchen and living room. It really wasn't much, in fact I would have much preferred to live in a nice cottage house out in the country, but we can't have it all in life. I liked my apartment; it was perfect for my current situation. I really couldn't complain much, I was lucky I could actually afford somewhere to live.

I pour myself a hot cup of coffee as I grab a bite of a crunchy green apple, which reminded me heavily of Draco. His very face etched into my mind was enough to make me grin like an idiot... along with those memories of our passionate night on Harry and Ginny's wedding night where we sort of, accidently agreed to marry one day. A proposal from Draco was the last thing I expected on that night, he definitely wasn't planning on it either. We haven't spoken much about it since, and I didn't' mind, really. I think it would be safe to assume anyway that marriage isn't something that should be rushed for the sake of it, and I really had no right to pressure Draco about the topic....but still. It would be nice to have at least one conversation about what went down that night.

God, I miss him. I wonder what he's doing today?

"Ahh, Bloody Hell. Hermione you fool."

For a brief moment I forget that I am handling a boiling cup of coffee and I scorch my hand, leading me to curse violently to myself. Draco Malfoy always distracted me one way or another.