12. Azkaban ~ Part 1

Sorry for the wait! I only just got over being sick, so that delayed my writing/updating. Hope you all enjoy this chapter. :)

___________________________________

DRACO.

Bad idea Draco.

The first thing that struck me about this place was how dark and gloomy it seemed, not only on the outside but on the inside as well. Black walls and floorboards that creaked created an eerie sense as I walked down a long and narrow corridor, escorted by a tall guard whom only looked a few years older than me. It was a complicated journey getting to Azkaban, it required a lot of effort on my part, using the Apparition spell wasn't easy when it came to trying to go to a location as complicated as here. If it went wrong due to a lack of concentration, anybody could end up in the middle of the ocean. Luckily it didn't come to that for me, after much frustration and sweat, I got here. And now I regret it immensely. I thought about Hermione and the note I left her, she is probably so angry with me right now. I wanted to turn back and go home, and tell her it was all one massive mistake. I knew I should never have come here.

Pull yourself together Draco.

I couldn't turn back now, I had a quest I needed to accomplish and I was going to do it today. It was now or never. Today was the day I was going to look at my Father in the eye and tell him how it was. I was going to tell him in immense detail how much pain and suffering he brought into my life since the day of my existence, I was going to tell him how evil and cowardly he was, I was going to tell him how badly I wanted him to rot and die in this godforsaken place and I was going to make it perfectly clear how I was, and never will be, the person he wants me to be. I would rather die.

"Excuse me sir?"

"Sorry about that. Yes?" I snapped away from my thoughts and brought my attention to a middle aged man sitting at an old wooden desk in a room that presumably was a reception for visitors. It was a plain room (with black walls) which was dimly lit from numerous candles that were places on bookshelves. It was cold, too, and I began to wonder how somebody could sit for a whole day working in a place like this knowing that they are surrounded by psychopaths.

"What brings you here today? Do you have a visiting order?" The man asked me slowly and clearly. He didn't look at me, he was fixated on a pile of papers that lay in front of him, and he stamped each of them individually.

"I have a visiting order," I confirmed with a curt nod. Sure enough I managed to take my Mothers one that my Father sent her along with one of his letters; I don't think she noticed that I took it. Either way I wouldn't be very happy if she did notice and questioned me over it. She doesn't need a visiting order form him. "From Lucius Malfoy. I am here to see him."

Everything went silent, apart from the ticking of the old antique clock. The Man stopped with his work and brought his head slowly to look at me properly for the first time. The Guard which stood next to me shifted uncomfortably before he cleared his throat. Usually I was used to this sort of reaction from people, but this was something else. Judging by the look of discomfort and terror which seeped across both the faces of the Guard and the Man, my Father was obviously well known and notorious within this vicinity. I wasn't sure how to react to that.

"Nobody has ever come with a request to see Lucius Malfoy," The man pushed aside his paperwork and I carefully took the folded piece of paper from my pocket and placed it on the desk. He examined the visiting order carefully, adjusting his glasses. "Not one person since he was sentenced." He continued.

"Yeah, well, here I am." I sighed impatiently. "Where is my welcoming party?"

"You are his Son, aren't you?" A new voice emerged which belong to the Guard, it was a surprise hearing him speak as he hasn't said a single word yet. As I looked at him he seemed almost embarrassed for speaking out of place. "My apologies, Sir."