33. Home Truths

Hi all! Please read my previous authors note to explain my absense. If you've done it already, enjoy this chapter!

----

Hermione 

I stared in shock at the scene in front of me. Not a single sound echoed through the room, all eyes were plastered on the now unconscious Draco on the floor. The pieces of the shattered vase surrounded his head, and small parts of it visible through his hair.   Ron stood above Dracos motionless body with a cocky grin on his face.

"That's what you get… for fucking with a Weasley…." Ron drunkenly slurs.

I saw red.

I couldn't think straight. I was very shook up from the general shock of what literally happened moments prior, and Draco uncovering the secret I so desperately tried to protect him from. I no longer cared about the impact of my actions I was going to undertake next.

I flung myself towards Ron and I kicked him between the legs.

Very fucking hard.

Ron screamed bloody murder as he collapsed to the floor, grabbing his crotch in agony. Red faced and watering eyes, he looked up at me as if he wanted to ask why I did that but words failed him. He looked down to the floor and heaved as though he needed to vomit.

"You stupid bastard. I hate you, I hate you!" I yelled at Ron, with pure venom hatred in my voice. "Why did you do that to him?"

"Hermione… Its okay." I heard Harry's voice spoke from behind me. I could tell he was anxious. "Perhaps it's best everyone should leave now. I'm sorry you had to see this." He was speaking to the room now. I could hear different mmm's and yes your rights from different voices agreeing with Harry. Usually I would be red faced embarrassed in these sorts of situations but now I didn't care. 

Ron, who was supposed to be my friend, betrayed me, and knocked out my fiancee. I trusted and confided in him with the secret I had regarding Blaise Zabini, and his stupid drunken self stabbed me in the back infront of our entire family and friends. 

"You stupid...bitch." Ron groans as he stares up at me with a bewildered look on his face, he gritted his teeth which I presumed was from the pain.

I clenched my fists and I take a step towards Ron. "You're going to regret everything-"

Gasps and stares surrounded me from all areas of the room and I felt Ginny squeeze my hand and pulled me towards her.

"Hermione, look at me!" She pleaded. "You need to calm down."

I yanked my hand away and I rush to Dracos side, who was still passed out. I kneel down beside him and I place my finger at the side of his neck to check for a pulse, sure enough there was. It was only then that I noticed a small line of crimson blood slide across the floor from underneath his head.

In the background I could hear Ron still moaning, hands still pressed deeply into his crotch. I noticed his brother George was beside him, trying to calmy coax him off the ground but Ron kept swatting him away.

I turn my head met Ginny's concerned eyes, she was frozen in her spot with clearly absolutely no idea what to do. She took my pleading stares as a hint to come over and kneel beside me.

"Please…" I begged as she kneeled. I began to whisper, "I need my apartment to be empty right now. Can't face it myself."

Ginny immediately got up and announced to the room that everybody must leave while I attend to Dracos injuries, she apologized for the dramatic scene and hoped that nobody's day was ruined. Everyone seemed to understand and looked at me with sympathy. Nobody had a clue what was going on, why Draco came into the room in a fit of rage shouting my name, why Ron hit him, and why I lashed out. It was all such a mess and there was no doubt that this event was going to be stored into my embarrassing memories for a very long time.