19. The Night Unfolds

Later that day I arrived to my apartment and wasted no time in getting ready for dinner with the Weasleys. It was currently 5:25 and I was expected to be there for six, I had plenty of time yet. After I quickly washed my face and brushed my hair I find myself standing in front of my opened wardrobe contemplating what to wear. After much time of frustration I eventually settle on a red knee length sweater dress which I found buried. It was casual yet didn't appear too lazy. I put that on along with some black sheer tights and black ankle boots which were well worn. I looked at myself in the full length mirror and felt proud that I actually looked somewhat decent for once. I couldn't say much for my hair; it was a frizzy mess at the moment, like always. I haven't spent much time with the whole Weasley family since Harry and Ginny's wedding so I wanted to look nice.

I left my bedroom to go to the living room where I left my handbag which had my wand in it. I was thankful that I knew a few spells which dealt with hair like mine; I really wouldn't have a lot of patience to do it by myself. I opened the door to complete darkness and I run my hand across the wall to find the light switch...

"Hey, Hermione."

I screamed my lungs out and I staggered backwards until my back hit the wall. My heart rate increased dramatically and I only calmed down when a heard the laugh. A familiar one. What the hell?

My hand found the light switch and the room became clear as day. I crossed my arms over my chest as I stared at Ginny laughing like a crazy woman on the couch. When she contained herself she brushed her hair from her face and wiped a few tears of laughter spilling down her cheek. She started to smile at me. "Sorry about that. Scaring you really wasn't my intention."

"Ginny you scared me so badly. What are you doing sitting in the dark waiting for me like some sort of serial killer?" My voice came out a bit shaky due to my previous fright. "More importantly though, how did you get in here?"

"You should know when to lock the door." She said as a matter of factly. "Great to see you too by the way."

I shook my head in disbelief as I made a show of retrieving my wand from my bag. "You are so lucky I didn't have this in my hand. Why didn't you knock?"

"I did but no answer." She said without seeming to care. "You look nice by the way. Love that dress."

"Thanks." I said quickly. "You could have just came into me when I was getting ready though... surely you heard me in my room?"

"I did," Ginny said whilst nodding her head. A devilish smile stretched across her face. "Okay I admit that I maybe wanted to scare you a little..."

"Bitch."

"Thanks." She got up from the couch and pranced towards me. I got a chance to notice that she was wearing a silk flowly dress that went above the knees. It was black, just like she said earlier. "Come on, let's go do something about your hair."

Five minutes later the two of us were sitting on my bed talking after Ginny straightened my hair for me. I didn't ask her to do it but I knew she loved doing this sort of thing. We discussed the night ahead and exchanged our theories on the mystery of Ron's new girlfriend. The whole thing still seemed pretty strange to me, Ron definitely isn't the type of keep a girlfriend hidden. He would not waste time in jumping at the chance to brag to his brothers about it.

Ginny and I are getting ready to go. I am applying a small bit of lip gloss until I heard Ginny sigh heavily from behind me. I turned around and gave her a quizzical look. "What is wrong?"

She took her time to acknowledge that I asked her a question. After a few more moments she walks towards me with a serious look on her face. "Something happened recently... didn't it?"