7. Paranoia

Things are getting underway now ;)

Enjoy the chapter!

"Blimey, Hermione you've got to have at least one dress in here!" Ginny says as she peered into my wardrobe pulling apart each item of clothing. "Jeans and Jumpers are great to have, but nothing for an occasion?"

I shook my head. "There hasn't been any occasion. I still have my bridesmaid dress from the wedding but I can't wear that."

Ginny grins as her hand finds the elegant red floor length dress that I wore on her wedding day. I remember the silk being so soft against my skin and I longed to wear it again one day. "Ah yes, I love this dress. I think I made a good choice, you looked fabulous in it."

"It's beautiful." I agreed. I remember the day Ginny took me shopping for Bridesmaid gowns and having low expectations, but the second she showed me the red dress I fell instantly in love. The color of it reminded me of my engagement ring. "You have great taste."

"I know." She responded sticking her tongue out at me. I laughed as I stood up and made my way over to my dresser and full length mirror. I brushed my wild hair as Ginny continued to look through my clothes. I hear her sigh every few moments and I couldn't help but grin to myself, Ginny was funny when she was in her fashion phase.

"How about these?" Ginny asks me holding a dark pair of jeans and a red blouse on their hangers. My eyes scanned over her choice of outfit and decided to myself that it will do."The red matches your ring."

"They'll do me I suppose." I smiled at her as I took the clothes from her hands. "So where do you plan on taking us tonight?"

"I don't really know many good places around here. We could have a look around but I have one place in mind that seemed really cool and lively from the outside. I can't remember its name... But anyways we could check it out if you want. I know where it is too." She tells me as she sat on the edge of my bed with a nail-file and worked away on on fingernails which had purple chipped nail varnish.

"Uh... yes okay." I pulled the red blouse over my head. The jeans were a snug fit and I could move around comfortably in them. "I can't stay out too late though. Won't be very professional if I turned up half asleep at St Mungo's in the morning."

Ginny laughed as she set her nail file aside and smiled at me. "Don't worry; I'll have you home by ten at least. I know this all seems random to you, but I just missed you so much."

"I missed you too," I tell her honestly. I was now in front of my full length mirror inspecting my appearance and contemplating whether or not to wear make-up. "So what's the married life like?"

From her reflection in the mirror I could see a dreamy smile appear on her face as she twiddled with her hair, there was no doubt many happy thoughts were racing through her mind. "It's amazing Hermione. It was honestly daunting at first because I was afraid of what kind of wife I would be to Harry, it scared me but I pushed those thoughts away. I didn't want to upset myself over who I was and who I wasn't, all I could really do is take things one day at a time and learn." She paused for a moment before she spoke again.     "Learning, I think, is an important part of marriage, it's easy with Harry. We're learning together, and I'm enjoying every moment of it."   

Ginny was standing now and began to help herself to some of my lip-gloss from my make-up bag as I took it out. "So to answer your question, I could sum up married life as being comfortable, exciting, a little bit scary and rewarding. I felt a new type of closeness with Harry after we got married."

"Why is it scary?" I asked out of curiosity.

She grinned. "Well I don't think scary is exactly the right word. What I mean is sometimes I think about the future in terms of my life with Harry. Will our marriage be as strong as it is now? Or will we end up like one of those couples who can hardly stand the sight of each other after they had children or whatever. I read in a magazine article that fifty percent of married couples today don't communicate like they used to, their passion is gone and seek a divorce once their children are grown up."