13. Azkaban ~ Part 2

DRACO

Vernon stepped aside, leaving him in full view. I try not to look at him as I count my steps forward, every step seemed like I was only willingly walking into a nightmare. The door was immediately shut behind me the second I found my way in. The room was spacious enough with white walls and tiles. A brightly lit fluorescent light, which blinded me to look at, filled the whole room and everything was clear as day. This was a massive contrast compared to the rest of the dark building. Despite it being decently sized, I still felt like I was confined. Him being here didn't make my sudden claustrophobia any better.

I now look at him.

And I felt nothing.

He seems to have aged a lot more since I last saw him. Maybe it had something to do with obvious lack of care for his appearance, which was fully evident. His hair was different now compared to how it was in the picture I saw of him in the book, it wasn't long anymore. It looked like any other short male hairstyle except his was unwashed and damaged, like it could fall out if it was combed. His face was a different story. Sallow face. Unshaved. Pale, sickly skin. Heavy dark bags under his empty gray eyes.

And he was smiling at me.

I wanted to lunge forward and hurt him, but I knew I couldn't do that.

I became aware of how long I was standing in the same spot staring at him. For the first time since I set foot in this horrid place I was frozen, speechless. My Father locked the eye contact with me too and his smile only grew wider. Something about it seemed devilish but the emptiness in his eyes told me a different story, they looked...sad. No, I couldn't allow myself to feel one bit sorry for him. I haven't forgotten who he was or what he has done. He is a monster.

"My....Son." My Fathers brittle voice filled the quiet room as he slowly arose from his seat, his mouth practically dropped open as he done so. I noticed that his hands were confined together in metal chains. The two guards present in the room rushed to my Father's side in seconds and forced him to sit back down; my Father willingly sits down, however he didn't look too happy about it. He looks at me again with an unreadable expression on his face before he says, "My Son. You've come back to me."

Something inside of me snapped.

I force myself to move forward until I reached I reach the end of the table where I was looking down to my Father, he stares up at me in awe and he smiles again. I clenched my fists by my sides as an overwhelming sense of rage rushed through me. Why was he smiling at me like that? He has no right!

"Mr Malfoy we want no trouble here." One of the Guards spoke in a firm voice. "We ask of you to sit down, please." He was tense, and ready for action.

"My Son." My Father says again in an almost loving voice. "Am I imagining this? Oh dear oh dear...I have waited for this day. My Son has come back to me....He has come back...he has come back..." He trails off and begins muttering endlessly to himself.

I unclenched my fists.

I kept my gaze with my Father's whom had a dream-like expression on his face now. He isn't fully together, mentally. I realized that now. The way he spoke. The way he looked. The way he carried himself. The way he smiled at me like he never smiled before...he was not how I remembered him anymore. My heart violently thrums against my ribcage as I hesitantly sat down in the seat in front of my Father. The Guards seemed to relax a little as they came to the conclusion that I wasn't going to start any riots yet. I pressed my sweaty palms into my lap and I stare down at them, I couldn't bear to look at him anymore.

"Draco, my son," He says, capturing my attention. The way he spoke my name was like venom at the tip of a tongue, but I couldn't help but feel there was a sense of vulnerability added to it. "You have come... to see me?" His eyes almost lit up.