29. A Day Out

"Ginny, there is no way I am wearing that." I laughed hysterically at my friend's choice of fashion which she clearly thought would suit me. We have been dress shopping for at least two hours now and there wasn't a single one I liked, and I was close to giving up hope.

"What?" she gasped as she held out the pink sequence dress in front of her to take another eyeful. It was long sleeved and it had a slit down the side to show off a bit of leg and it looked as though it would be a tight fit. Not my style at all. "It's pretty." She tells me with a smile - she raises her eyebrows in question, seemingly awaiting my final verdict on the dress.

"Yes it's pretty, maybe for someone going to a masquerade ball. Not an engagement party." I took the dress from her arms and hung it back up on the rack of other bright over the top dresses that weren't really suited to my taste. "Let's look around one more time. This is draining me."

Ginny let out a long and amused laugh. "Well you better make up your mind soon. Anything I choose, you don't like."

"It's not that I don't like them, I would just prefer something more... plain." I shrugged. We stopped at another part of the shop where items of clothing were up for sale, there were a few dresses here.

"Something more boring you mean." She teased as she flicked her long locks and started looking through another bundle of dresses. She went through them quickly and two at the time, pulling out one every so often and held them up against her frame.

"Well, yes," I hid my smile. "You know I don't like to stand out like that."

"Well I think you should step out of your comfort zone more. You would look amazing in anything if you would allow yourself." She pulled out some red dress and held it up against me. "Not too bad. What do you think of this one?"

I took the dress from her hand and inspected it for myself. It actually wasn't so bad. It was a plain, wine red, which flowed down to the knees and it had a sweetheart neckline. I think it's something I would wear. "I like it. I'll hold onto it for now."

Ginny clapped her hands in an excited manner with a huge grin plastered on her face. "Wow. I've actually achieved something here, the impossible. This is definitely a proud moment for me." Her tone was both serious and sarcastic.

I rolled my eyes in response and kept looking.

There was a mere two days to go before mine and Draco's engagement party which was fully prepared for at this stage except the small details; including the hunt for a nice dress for me and trying to establish whether or not certain people would come. These people included Narcissa Malfoy and Ron. Draco wasn't sure if his mother would feel comfortable being around the Weasleys, who were definitely coming, so he didn't want to pressure her too much. The awkward situation between Ron and I led me to feel uncertain over whether or not he would show. So far I knew there was quite a few people who were definitely coming, including some friends from Hogwarts, and I could not wait to see them. I was saddened to learn that my parents are unable to attend but I totally understood why. My Father has been sick with the flu recently and is too unwell to get out of bed, and my Mother felt it was her responsibility to care for him. My mother promised that she would organize a dinner at their house for Draco and I sometime and that was good enough for me.

"Hey Hermione, you should definitely go for this." Ginny distracted me from my thoughts by waving a black.... piece of material in front of my face. That definitely was not a dress. It was more of a coverage for your body parts, not something you would wear around others.