18. Curiosity

Ginny shook her head and muttered the words 'such kids' under her breath before she sat down at the table. I took the seat next to her while Draco and Harry stood awkwardly on either side of the room daring not to move or even glance at each other.

"So what did you want to tell me?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot why I was here." Ginny grinned. "Well I just wanted to ask if you were free tonight. There's gonna be a dinner party at my house tonight, now that George and Angelina are back from America since yesterday and Harry and I are officially back from honeymoon. We haven't had much of a family get together since we came back and Mum really wants everyone to be together as a family. She wants to know if you'll join us, tonight."

"She also said that Malfoy is free to come if he wishes." Harry added on flatly.

Draco didn't say anything but it was very obvious he was gobsmacked. I didn't blame him.

"Yeah..." Ginny said. She shifts in her seat so she could look at Draco. "The invitation is there if you want it. You are welcome to come by for dinner with Hermione, if you aren't busy of course."

"I... I don't know what to say..." Draco said slowly while scratching his head. He was way out of his comfort zone right now.

"What time does the party start?" I asked Ginny, saving Draco from embarrassment.

"Dinner should be served around seven, so if you could come an hour in advance that would be great." She smiles. "Will you make it?"

"I finish up in St Mungos at five, so that suits me fine. Thanks for inviting me." I responded. I then looked at Draco. I began to wonder if he lost the ability to blink considering I haven't seen him do it since Ginny came out with her question. "What about you?"

Draco looks at Ginny, then to Harry, then to his feet. "It's probably best if I give it a miss... considering the situation and everything. Thanks for the offer though."

"It wouldn't be that bad Malfoy. My family have pretty much moved on from past events..." Ginny paused and pressed her lips together. She looked at me and I could tell she was struggling to come up with the right words. "I mean... I couldn't promise that things would run smoothly with Ron. But you know what he's like. All you have to do is ignore him if he tries to start trouble. But he knows better than to start drama around my parents..."

"Uhh...." Draco muttered.

"The choice is completely yours Malfoy." Harry stated trying to be helpful. "We don't want you feel uncomfortable."

"It's okay if you don't want to come." Ginny rushed on after Harry. "We'd understand."

Draco looked so uncomfortable right now and I knew I needed to step in. "Draco will probably be caught up tonight anyway. He has missed a few days with the Auror training and he wants to catch up."

Draco gave me a look which told me he was grateful. Don't get me wrong, I would love for Draco to accompany me tonight for the sake of wiping the slate clean and turning to a new one. But i knew that there was still tension between him and the Weasley's -well only a few- and I think there probably always will be. Ron was probably the worst, and Draco was in no emotional state to be dealing with that right now. He needed time to heal himself and spending time with the Weasleys probably wasn't going to do that for him.

"Oh okay, I s'pose." Ginny said with a nervous smile.

"I'm appreciative for the offer, I'm really flattered actually. Please do tell your Mum I said thanks." Draco told Ginny kindly.