3. Date Night

All of the next day went by in a blur. I completed my regular eight hours of working in the hospital – where I was forced to witness Ms Fletcher stitch up a wound on a man' s arm after an accident on his farm – and after that I stopped by a Coffee Shop on the way home for my daily fix of caramel espresso. Usually I wouldn't be a big Coffee drinker but recently Ginny has gone into a big craze over it ever since I introduced her to the muggle café's before the Wedding. Now, whenever she visits me she always insists that we try out different blends of Coffee's and Iced Teas locally. Although annoying, I have to admit it's better than her obsession with shopping in fancy boutiques.

I finished my Espresso by the time I reached the front door of my apartment. Tonight I was sure to be alert and cautious as I unlocked the door, I knew for certain I didn't want to be frightened by Draco again, like last night (that ferret). I walked slowly through the hallway and double checked each room – I even looked in my wardrobe and under the bed – just to make sure he wasn't lurking about to jump out on me unexpectedly. After five minutes I was one hundred percent sure he wasn't here. A small part of me was disappointed, but at least I knew I was going to be seeing him soon.

I checked my watch, 7:30.

"I suppose I should be ready for when he arrives." I spoke to myself.

After I took my work clothes off I found myself standing in just my underwear in front of my wardrobe, mentally cursing to myself that I didn't plan out an outfit sooner. I really had nothing to choose from. The clothes I currently owned basically consisted of jeans, t-shirts, jumpers/hoodies and a few nice blouses that were very dressy, which Draco has already seen me in before. I knew I wanted to look nice for him tonight because he went out of his way to take me out tonight and make reservations in a muggle restaurant (which was way out of his comfort zone). The least I could do was look good in some decent clothes that didn't look like they were from a charity shop.

I sighed heavily feeling like a failure all of a sudden. Ginny's tips and advice could really come in handy right now.

Not wanting to waste any more time to mope, I grabbed one of my dark pairs of jeans along with a blue blouse with delicate lace along the V-line. I used my wand to straighten my hair –which I really hoped would stay intact- and I take out my practically empty make-up bag. Make-up isn't something I would usually buy as I never feel the need to wear it on a daily basis like some girls. But I did own basic things such as lip gloss, an almost empty tube of mascara, mattifying powder and some concealer. I decided to cover the bags under my eyes with the concealer and put three layers of mascara over my eyelashes.

I laughed to myself when an image of Ginny scolding my over my lack of fashionable clothes and make-up sprang to mind when she came home from her Honeymoon. Something told me that she was going to drag me out shopping when she came home. Perhaps I should move house while I can.

For some odd reason I decided to take out my razor and quickly shave my legs before Draco arrived. I usually do them at least once a week, but this week I missed. I was fully aware that I could do things like these just as easily and quickly with my wand, but I enjoyed doing normal things like these without the use of magic. It's the same story with other domestic things like cleaning a house; some things are better doing by hand. It felt somewhat rewarding to me.

"Hello, Granger."

"Jesus Christ Almighty." I yelled at the top of my lungs, jumping out of my skin. Unfortunately for me I lost control of my sharp edged razor. I bit down onto my lip as I watched the blood ooze out of a cut just a little above my right ankle.

I didn't even have to look behind me to know who it was; I could practically feel his arrogant smirk as I groaned in discomfort.

"Draco Malfoy, you are pushing me over the limit." I spun around to face him, and just as I suspected, an evil smirk was plastered on his handsome face. "I am this close to taking that key off you." I used my two fingers to demonstrate how 'this close' I was to grabbing the spare key I gave him and never allowing him to have it back. "Bloody hell, stop sneaking up on me."