21. Celebrations and a Bad Surprise

I wasn't sure how long passed since someone last said something, but I could practically feel the shock and disbelief everyone in the room was feeling. The silence was just like how it was when Ron came in earlier with Sarah, nobody seemed to want to speak first. All eyes never left George and Aneglina, it was almost as if we were all expecting him to tell us all that they were only joking. But his serious expression told me otherwise.

"Well I certainly wasn't expecting this reaction...." George says scratching his head. He looks at Angelina and she awkwardly shrugs. "I was expecting more....you know.... Everyone to be happy and all. Isn't that what usually happens in these situations?"

"Married?" Mrs Weasley began, astounded. "Are you fooling around with us? Because if you are, it isn't one bit funny George."

George grinned a little before he gave his mother his response. "For once I'm actually not joking. Angelina and I got wed while on our travels, it wasn't really planned, not at all actually. But we came across a Wizarding Marriage Office while we stopped by Las Vegas and we just thought why not. We are very much in love and we probably would have ended up doing it sooner rather than later."

"I know it may seem like a rash decision but we feel like we made a good one. We are very happy together and there are no doubts that we will be for a very long time." Angelina continues while she nervously smiles and looks down to her feet.

"Oh my goodness..." Mrs Weasley says with a hand over her chest. "This is all so sudden."

"Christ almighty, you'll give your mother a heart attack." Mr Weasley exclaims while he leans over to his wife. She shook him off telling him she was okay. "What made you want to get married so quick? In Sin city of all bloody places!"

"I don't know. I can't really explain it. We just felt like it was a good time.... But most of all we love each other and we really wanted this." George quickly says with his eyes on his Mother.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Ron asks.

"I just did," George rolls his eyes. "Look, we don't want to hurt anyone in anyway but-"

"If the pair of you wanted to get married then we all could have organized something special at home. What was so wrong with that? I put everything into Ginny's wedding and Bill's, or did I do a terrible job? So much so that you decide to get married in secret? What possessed you?" Mrs Weasley fired her questions towards George and Angelina, a look of fury on her face.

"We didn't do in a disrespectful way, honestly." Angelina says in a pleading voice.

"Mother perhaps we should allow them to explain things before jumping to conclusions." Bill says, in an attempt to keep the peace. "I'm sure nothing they done was to offend anyone."

"Doesn't affect me so I ain't offended." Ron said before he took a sip of his drink. Everyone ignored him. I noticed Sarah leaning back in her seat with a blank expression on her face. Perhaps she wasn't happy nobody was focused on her anymore?

People around the table nodded in agreement at this and George gave us all a relived smile. He straightened himself up and took a deep breath while Angelina latched her hand with his.

"Okay I suppose there's no easy way to go about this so I'll just get straight to the point," George lowers his gaze to the ground and his whole expression changed. He looked sad. I already had a good idea of what he was going to say next. I wondered if anyone else felt the same. "I just... I always knew that the day I would get married, I would have Fred by my side. He is my Twin. It's only natural. The thought of having a big wedding without him there encouraging me and pushing me forward broke my heart. I knew that if Angelina and I got married here I would only think about him for the whole day, I wouldn't want to spoil if for Angelina. It wouldn't be right. I know all of this might sound like madness, but I am sorry. My heart isn't into my own big wedding if he wasn't here with me." George choked up on the last part and Angelina immediately took him into her arms. He sobbed into her shoulder.