37. Meeting

Hello everyone! Very sorry this update took a while. I was very sick for about a week and a half wilth tonsillitis so I was in pain and sleepy and stuff so that took my attention away from writing during that time. Then, it was a hectic period with work so all in all I just didn't have the time. But I hope you're happy anyway that I've updated :) enjoy the chapter!

Draco

The following day I awaken feeling as though an anchor weight was pressed onto my chest. I sprung up from where I lay and took a few heavy breaths, squeezing my eyes shut and my hands grasping the sheets. My skin was leathered in cold sweat. I thought to myself that I must have had a bad dream, this sort of thing had happened before and I knew that it took a couple of seconds to get over. They were quite frequent since my father passed and I hated the feeling of waking up in a full on panic. I slowly allowed myself to lie back down to relax my body, being mindful of my breathing pattern. My eyes darted around the unfamiliar room I occupied. I frowned with confusion over the sight of the furniture I had never seen before and the grey wallpaper that surrounded me. This wasn't Hermione's apartment. This wasn't her bed. This was someone else's living room, someone else's couch.

A low chatter I heard coming from a room nearby reminded me of where I was. The memories of the previous days events all sprang back upon me. I sighed with a feeling of dread for the day ahead as I stared up at the ceiling. It was like all my emotions from the day before paused while I was asleep, and my mind pressed a replay button as soon as I woke up. More shit, a different day.

I spent a couple of minutes in silence as I contemplated what I should do for the day. There was so much that I wanted to do all at once, but it seemed impossible. I remembered telling Theo the day before I wanted to try and meet up with Sarah. But now admittedly I was getting cold feet, I still wasn't sure how I felt regarding the idea of having a son. But I knew I needed some closure as soon as possible, I needed all the answers I could get. 

The sound of footsteps making their way down the hallway outside interrupted my thoughts. The footsteps paused and hesitated directly outside the living room door. I wasn't sure which occupant of the house it was, but it was obvious that the person was contemplating whether to knock or leave me be.

"Yeah?" I decided to call out after a few seconds of uncomfortable silence.

"Hey mate, you're awake." The voice belonged to Goyle. "Just wondering if you're hungry? Crabbes making some hamburgers if you want some."

"Hamburgers for breakfast?" I called out. It didn't shock me that Crabbe would want something like that at breakfast time.

"Um… it's actually almost three in the afternoon. We always have dinner at this time."

"You are serious?" I shot straight up and sprang onto my feet. I slept the entire day? I never sleep this long. I strode towards the living room door and opened it to see Goyle wearing nothing but a black bathrobe, legs fully bare. Something told me he was wearing absolutely nothing underneath but I decided not to ask. It was even more disturbing that he was presumably helping Crabbe cook while clothed like this.

"Yeah man, you musta had a good sleep. Theos out for the day with his girlfriend, he'll be back around seven he said. So you're with me and Crabbe till then." Goyle smiles at me.

"Oh, well that's great." I replied sarcastically with an eye roll. "Why did nobody wake me up?"

Goyle shrugged as I began to follow him down the hallway. "We figured you could do with the rest."